PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   seeya tp2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144921)

dethman 06-24-2011 02:05 AM

seeya tp2

well it's been 14 months since i started struggling with this laggy, underpowered, poorly built piece of junk phone, when the screen finally decided to die today. sprint of course wouldn't do anything, as they saw some red on the water thing and said 'water damage, you must have submerged it, nothing we can do' and dismissed it right away. though of course the phone has been nowhere near any water.

thanks to everyone around here who's programs and roms tried to make this phone better, though in the end, it's really just the worst phone i've ever used. shame on you sprint, shame on you HTC, for releasing a phone that makes me wait 15 seconds to edit a contact or send a text message. one that freezes every other time i turn it on. one with piss poor battery life though given how slow it is and how poor the screen is i can't imagine what's actually using the battery.

bought an epic, it's so nice to have a phone that actually responds when you touch a button. though the battery life still stinks.

eric12341 06-24-2011 02:48 AM

Re: seeya tp2

hmm been registered for 15 months and only 3 posts? there's so many things I can say about all this but dont even know where to begin but whatever helps u sleep at night.

three west 06-25-2011 07:27 PM

seeya

TP2 is the best phone I've had yet, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to replace it with that will measure up

gjhuff 06-25-2011 08:45 PM

I remember thinking the TP2 was a little buggy right out of the box. But this site and others helped me spruce it up and make it the most useful phone I've ever had.

I guess that is why some users have taken to the Arrive - it apparently is snappy out of the box. Too bad it doesn't do some of the things I find very useful on the TP2. And, MS has taken the fun out by forcing the use of Zune and preventing customization. I'm not trying to start a flame war - if you like the Arrive, good for you. But I'll take another look after Mango comes out.

I considered the Epic, but Sprint was going to up my plan costs so much, I decided to stay with what works for me for a while longer. I'm not willing to pay an additional $ 40 per month ($10 smart phone fee + $ 10 per family phone more on everything data plan) with nothing useful added to show for it. Maybe when 4G is more universal, although many have stated it's not that much better than 3G.

darren.wlsn1 06-25-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three west (Post 2120166)
seeya

TP2 is the best phone I've had yet, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to replace it with that will measure up

lol, well i still have a tp2 and still like it but almost anything new is better just because of technology.

Chuck_IV 06-25-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2120273)
lol, well i still have a tp2 and still like it but almost anything new is better just because of technology.

Yea, I feel this way now. I had the TP2 for almost 2 years. Loved it. But it had been getting really temperamental over the last several months with a couple crashes, requiring rebuilds. With WinMo 6x being about dead and the complete lack of any apps these days, it was time to move on.

I went with the EVO 3D and am not looking back. It's great to have a phone that responds and it's also nice to use a phone that developers(app) are supporting again. Android is a little wierd getting used to, but I'm a happy camper now. :headbang:

Tinkerbell 06-26-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2120273)

+1 Darren. I am still using this little guy and it does all that I ask of it. Then again, I still use this Apache and Titan as well. I guess I am a fan of vintage devices!!

darren.wlsn1 06-26-2011 01:30 AM

still rock my vogue also tinkerbell.

Tinkerbell 06-26-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2120376)
still rock my vogue also tinkerbell.

That is awesome Darren!! Vogue!!! (I love this magazine... maybe I better get a hold of this phone too!! Woo!! =])

eric12341 06-26-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2120354)
+1 Darren. I am still using this little guy and it does all that I ask of it. Then again, I still use this Apache and Titan as well. I guess I am a fan of vintage devices!!

wow I saw 2 people the bus with those phones back in January. it was a man and his wife, they must've bought those phones and then never upgraded.