PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None

oisact is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.5 MAPI / SMS performance

WM6.5 sucks for a number of reasons, but the killer is undoubtedly the horrendous performance of the MAPI subsystem. Once a few hundred texts are built up (which can easily happen in half a day) then it grinds to a halt. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to delete 300 texts. That's just ludicrous.

Are there fixes for this? Do any of the custom WM ROMs out there address this problem, or are they more eyecandy and shell / GUI improvements?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Re: WM6.5 MAPI / SMS performance

I don't really have an answer for you, but I find myself able to stack as many texts as I want before deleting.. I never get any bogging down or what not.. Try OC the phone and see what that does for you..
Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oisact View Post
WM6.5 sucks for a number of reasons, but the killer is undoubtedly the horrendous performance of the MAPI subsystem. Once a few hundred texts are built up (which can easily happen in half a day) then it grinds to a halt. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to delete 300 texts. That's just ludicrous.

Are there fixes for this? Do any of the custom WM ROMs out there address this problem, or are they more eyecandy and shell / GUI improvements?
this is an issue .. but not as big as your making it out to be . right now I have 1224 texts stored on my phone , I cleared it up last week . I only see a small lag in opening up my conversation with Sarah , as that conversation has the most texts . I don't think its that big an issue . like it was stated , OC or have a Mort script clear the texts out every night or so .
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

u could try a 21916 rom (sharkie,vin,userROM,LEAD ROM). These roms do have the SMS lag issue but it doesn't last long and it only does it the first time u open each long thread. u could also try a 6.1 rom, this version of the OS doesn't have the lag at all.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None
Threadstarter

oisact is just getting started

I'm running Android because the texting issue is, and always has been, so bad. I've been using a TP2 for over a year as my main phone, and have had two (one new replacement under insurance). So I know this isn't a problem specific to one device. The problem happens regardless of what texting software I'm using, so it's clear it is in the actual database and messaging API in which the messages are stored and retrieved.

Let 500 messages build up from one person. Then delete them all and see how long that takes. Then go into the delete messages folder and permanently delete them and see how long that takes. It takes mine a matter of minutes.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

are u lookin for help or to just bash? because most of us have been aware of this issue for at least 13 months. what I said above is a solution
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
im running Android because the texting issue is, and always has been, so bad. I've been using a TP2 for over a year as my main phone, and have had two (one new replacement under insurance). So I know this isn't a problem specific to one device. The problem happens regardless of what texting software I'm using, so it's clear it is in the actual database and messaging API in which the messages are store0“4 and retrieved.
Let 500 messages build up from one person. Then delete them all and see how long that takes. Then go into the delete messages folder and permanently delete them and see how long that takes. It takes mine a matter of minutes.
i guess someone hasnt ound the clear sms mms option in the menu . lmao . and just do it over night or so , like i said i have , well now its 1506 messages and it will delete them all in under an hour . Its not such a big deal dude . My lg versa had the same issue .
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
are u lookin for help or to just bash? because most of us have been aware of this issue for at least 13 months. what I said above is a solution
very well said eric .
Old 04-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Banned User

yea really looks like a bash thread especially with how he worded everything.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea really looks like a bash thread especially with how he worded everything.
Well if op wants to vent or bash its his thread so no harm imo, you gave him fix so its his choice to try that or not.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

And let's not assume anything about the OP. He could just be genuinely frustrated. I experienced what he's talking about back in my winmo days. Always did a hard reset to fix it.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2