View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM
elesbb
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.5 MAPI / SMS performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by oisact View Post
WM6.5 sucks for a number of reasons, but the killer is undoubtedly the horrendous performance of the MAPI subsystem. Once a few hundred texts are built up (which can easily happen in half a day) then it grinds to a halt. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to delete 300 texts. That's just ludicrous.

Are there fixes for this? Do any of the custom WM ROMs out there address this problem, or are they more eyecandy and shell / GUI improvements?
this is an issue .. but not as big as your making it out to be . right now I have 1224 texts stored on my phone , I cleared it up last week . I only see a small lag in opening up my conversation with Sarah , as that conversation has the most texts . I don't think its that big an issue . like it was stated , OC or have a Mort script clear the texts out every night or so .