PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ARGGGGHHHH! My Housing/Case Cracked

Oh man am I ever disappointed! I've been taking such good care of my TP2 for the last year that it looks brand new...until now. I have been using the OEM HTC belt clip case to keep my TP at my side and the other day I bent over to pick something up and heard a "pop". Didn't think much of it until I was doing some stuff on my phone (playing solitair...LOL) and noticed the crack on the bezel surrounding the screen.

The screen itself is OK but the bezel is cracked through and through from between the right button and arrow button to the back of the slider. Also, there is a crack in the back case just above the stylus. If I remove the stylus the back cover will now come right off.

This sucks becasue I've never dropped the phone and I got the case to prevent that from happening. From what I can tell, when the phone is in the case and I bend a certain way it looks like it squeezes the elastic strap and that torques the slider and back cover.

I have another month left on my warranty but no insurance so I'm gonna see what happens at the sprint store later today. Doubtful anything good but worth a try... Still have a year left on this contract before I can get a decent discount and I really don't want to go with a Droid just yet, nor do I want to get the 10.00 data premium added as I am currently grandfathered and a new phone means a new contract unless I get one somewhere else.

LOL, and to think... I just posted the other day asking about Zagg skins.... Hindsight is 20/20 I guess...

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; FROYO X Build/FROYO X) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Arrrggggghhhhh gets blamed for everything around here! LOLZ
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Re: ARGGGGHHHH! My Housing/Case Cracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; FROYO X Build/FROYO X) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Arrrggggghhhhh gets blamed for everything around here! LOLZ
oops! LOL.. No offense to ARRRRGGGHHH!

David
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Is he responsible for the cracked camera lense on my EVO?
Where is that ARRRRGGGHHH???
p.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

damn, that sux man

i actually just ordered a new OEM housing from ebay
i bought my tp2 from a freiend and he wasnt the most responsible phone user

there were small dings and paint chips all over the phone
nothing major, but still annoying lol

in any case, ebay have full housings and tools to replace the parts
i got mine for about 25 bucks with free shipping

here a youtube video showing how to take apart the phone incase you decide to do the same
Old 04-06-2011, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sprint just charges $35 for a broken phone without water damage if you don't have insurance. You'll probably get a refurb, though that may depend on the store.

In Store Repair Solutions
Old 04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

ya but who wants a refurbished phone when yours is still functioning perfectly :/
Old 04-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

*whistles*

What's goin on here guys?

*steps on someones phone*

Whoops...
Old 04-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

haha... we were wondering if you would see this post!!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
haha... we were wondering if you would see this post!!
LOL.. thats why I went back and changed the spelling.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2