PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(SOLVED) Sprint Network Timezone Problem

Anyone having issues with Sprint towers feeding the wrong timezone?

I'm in SW Florida, btw.

Timezone keeps changing from Eastern to Central. I've manually changed it back to Eastern, and once the phone hits the tower, it goes back to Central.

This is happening under Vindows and SPB and FRX05! LMAO...but it's getting annoying.

Oh, I think Vin cooked the DST patch in ... but I installed it again, still FN up.

EDIT: SPECIFICALLY, this solves incorrect time zones when "syncing with network" when one has the newer (possibly older versioned) Airave. These are referred to as "Airvanas," since they're made by the company Airvana. Essentially, these local towers are providing the bad data. To test this, unplug your Airvana & either soft reset your phone or manually sync to network (Settings, Personal, Phone, CDMA Services tab, Time Synchronization, Get Settings, Update Now).

-> Unplug power to Modem, Router (if there is one), and Airave.
-> Remove battery from phone.
-> Wait a few minutes (~5 minutes).
-> Power up modem & wait until connected.
-> Power up router & wait until synced with Modem.
-> Power up Airave & wait until connected.
-> Power up TP2, feel the love.

Last edited by Recursion; 03-17-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
I'm currently sitting in a sprint store getting my sons phone fixed and I've counted 5 different people coming in complaining about dropped calls, no data, etc and they're all being told that there are major issues going on right now w the towers. No specifics on what the issues are, but that's what they're telling people, and to call customer care for billing credits.

Sent fro my FRX05 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Threadstarter

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I can stop trying to fix it for now...just gonna turn auto-sync from network off and manually set timezone for a few days.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
VIP Member

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint Network Timezone Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I can stop trying to fix it for now...just gonna turn auto-sync from network off and manually set timezone for a few days.

Anytime! I did over hear her telling a few of the people that she was directed to tell people who were having a lot of dropped calls, sporadic data and things like that to call CS and request a billing adjustment. She even had a ticket number she referenced but seeing I walked in and didn't mention it, only that I needed my sons phone repaired, it would look a little funky if I asked for it lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Threadstarter

LOL...yeah, it would have.

Funny, called CS, then got TS. Did a few things, including refreshing network profile & flushing stored network data...it actually fixed my clock for about 10 mins. I reset one last time right before hanging up, and it FD up again...from Eastern to Central Time. So, I got a credit! About 10 mins ago, the towers are back to normal & time is back on track.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

itbmd is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to itbmd

Hey Guys,

Was just coming on to post this, and of course I searched first and came across this thread. I am having the EXACT problem you guys are describing. Going from Eastern to Central. It is really annoying. 2 Questions:

1. Are you guys saying it should be totally fixed now? Mine does not appear to be fixed. Is there something I need to update.

2. How much was your credit for, if you don't mind me asking.

TIA for all the help guys.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:45 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Threadstarter

LOL...no!!!!!! It just started doing it again to me again. Annoying as hell.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 AM
VIP Member

I honestly can't say I've been having the issue as I'm currently running the android port and using clock sync which I believe is stopping me from seeing any potential problems with towers. Although the impression I got from the Sprint tech was that this was a problem that would prob not be an immediate fix.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b

I am having the same problem using Mightyrom on my Touch Pro2. It seems to change the timezone at random. If I reboot the phone it goes back to the correct timezone. WTF...
Old 03-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

NO problems here on my TP2, running vins neodium. chicago area IL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2