PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us cellular

sco919 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anybody know how to install CHT to htc tp2

Hey this is Sco "Todday" again asking if anybody and i mean anybody kno how to install CHB or Sharky to a TP2. I tried and failed and plus some of the info is not Thorough. I really need your help.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Does anybody know how to install CHT to htc tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco919 View Post
Hey this is Sco "Todday" again asking if anybody and i mean anybody kno how to install CHB or Sharky to a TP2. I tried and failed and plus some of the info is not Thorough. I really need your help.
Cht is just a simple cab, whats the issue? Indtall it to mainmem and softreset.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

might want to check out this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...dont-know.html

CHT is not something ud want to install if u like to multitask
Old 02-19-2011, 12:23 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
might want to check out this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...dont-know.html

CHT is not something ud want to install if u like to multitask
Come on man..don't stray people away from trying different things(apps, mods). Especially CHT, it's one of the best apps/mods I have running on my tp2! CHT has opened up a whole different world of modding for our phones. I won't even consider removing it unless its to upgrade to a newer version. What problems are you having with multitasking caused because of sense or cht? I've never really had any and I'm running stock sprint 6.5 rom(supposedly the buggiest of them all).

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-19-2011 at 12:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Come on man..don't try straying people away from trying different things(apps, mods). Especially CHT, it's one of the best apps/mods I have running on my tp2! CHT has opened up a whole different world of modding for our phones. I won't even consider removing it unless its to upgrade to a newer version. What problems are you having with multitasking caused because of sense or cht? I've never really had any and I'm running stock sprint 6.5 rom(supposedly the buggiest of them all).
I'm not straying him away from anything,he can still try it if he really wants to. the problem is that it just takes up so much RAM and when that happens programs close unexpectedly, even the person who found all the RAM conservation tips i posted about agrees with me on the use of CHT.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:01 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I'm not straying him away from anything,he can still try it if he really wants to. the problem is that it just takes up so much RAM and when that happens programs close unexpectedly, even the person who found all the RAM conservation tips i posted about agrees with me on the use of CHT.
Well yea obviously he could still try it if he so chooses to. But anyone can easily tell he's a noob, since he's having a little trouble installing a cab. If you tell him he's not going to be able to multi-task w/ cht, which is completely inaccurate, guess what he probably won't want to try it anymore because everyone now-a-days wants the option to multi-task. Hence the straying away.. Look I'm not trying to argue but I read that thread over @ xda more than 3 weeks b4 you posted it here, so I think its you that agrees with the original OP. Most errors are user related. Are you sure they're closing and not running in the background..are you using a good task manager? for the most part any app I run throughout the day will stay running until I physically close it.

Last edited by lnando84; 02-19-2011 at 01:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Us cellular
Threadstarter

sco919 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Re: Does anybody know how to install CHT to htc tp2

????? Yea... i kinda got Energy Rom Dinik's "Anastasia" which is pretty bad ass from what im hearing from my friend who in which he installed it on my phone. So yea thanks for the info (and noob calling). Hopefully i get better at this.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco919 View Post
????? Yea... i kinda got Energy Rom Dinik's "Anastasia" which is pretty bad ass from what im hearing from my friend who in which he installed it on my phone. So yea thanks for the info (and noob calling). Hopefully i get better at this.
You will get better, we all started where you are. Good to see that even though that your friend help you install, your jumping in to learn more. Read, read, and read more. All the threads have something to offer. Soon you'll be multi flashing, helping others, and teaching your friend new tweaks.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Well yea obviously he could still try it if he so chooses to. But anyone can easily tell he's a noob, since he's having a little trouble installing a cab. If you tell him he's not going to be able to multi-task w/ cht, which is completely inaccurate, guess what he probably won't want to try it anymore because everyone now-a-days wants the option to multi-task. Hence the straying away.. Look I'm not trying to argue but I read that thread over @ xda more than 3 weeks b4 you posted it here, so I think its you that agrees with the original OP. Most errors are user related. Are you sure they're closing and not running in the background..are you using a good task manager? for the most part any app I run throughout the day will stay running until I physically close it.
it is accurate. im using the default HTC task manager included within VINs ROM, but this has happend in every 6.5 rom ive used, all programs are closed and i have to open them back up, i can tell cause when im in FIM i have to log back in
Old 02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

not trying to add to the whole cht being bad thing .. but just adding my two cents , when i had first gotten this phone , i hated it . i installed cht and loved it . then i got into mulittasking . and things closed unexpectedly and i got really frustrated . i couldnt do anything . so i flashed a titanium rom .. things were faster , more responsive . so eric is correct with his statements . if you enjoy mulittasking , cht and sense is not the way to go .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2