PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
More ram saving tips/tweaks for those who don't know

i found this thread over @ XDA which explains how to apply more tweaks to save RAM when using the 6.5/2.5 resource hog combination on our TP2s.
Quote:
Hi,
I am going to make a big thread for tips and tricks on saving RAM on HTC Sense/TouchFlo3D. Unless you have a HD2; you will experience a low amount of RAM when running Sense. It simply uses alot of resources. Here I have compiled my own list of tweaks I have found! If you have any, please add them to this thread!

1) Deactivate Unnecessary Tabs - Each Tab takes up it's own amount of RAM. I find deactivating them makes sense faster, and uses less RAM

Disable the Settings tab:
\HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configuration\*
Search for the folder with the number that's the settings page (PageName = Manila:/settings.page).
Change Enable from 1 to 0

Disable the unused services:
\\HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Services\*
- AppointmentService
- AudioManagerService
- CameraAlbumService
- Contacts
- HomeService
- LauncherService
- Messaging
- SettingService (be sure to first disable the tab)
- TwitterService
- WeatherService
- WorldClockService
- YgosrvService (Stock tab)

Change the service.dll to something like serviceXXX.XXX

How To use them:
Try them not all at once, disable a service and test Sense (restart/disable, enable on homescreen)
Example: For some reason if you rename AudioManagerService the homescreen doesn't work and sense won't start.

2) Deactivate HTC Volume Control - Saves you 2mb of RAM, Added at end of post

3) Deactivate Manilla Dialer - Saves 10mb RAM,
Delete this two RegKeys
REG KEY Registry\HKLM\SECURITY\PHONE\SKIN\
REG KEY Registry\HKLM\SECURITY\PHONE\SmartDial\
You will have the default WM dialer!
Warning: Back up your Reg keys if you want to get it back!

4) Kill AlbumSearcher.exe and AudioSearcher.exe - Saves up to 6mb RAM
After using Music/Photo Tabs, use MMTaskmanager (attached to end of post) and kill these .exes. Don't worry, they won't cause any damage to your phone.

5) Don't Use Landscape Mode - using Landscape mode has to load up all the individual tabs again and takes more RAM up. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"EnableLandscape"="true" - Change ''true'' to ''false''

6) Try not to use Manilla Mods! - a pretty self-explanatory one, but i tend not to use these as they make the device unusable for me and freeze my phone up alot. They are great apps though!(e.g - Co0kie's Home Tab) They were built in mind for the HD2 with 576mb RAM. They are nice UI's but would you rather have more RAM to run more apps?

9) Disable Start-Menu in WM6.5.x - Saves 10-25mb RAM
Disable it but install Miro's startmenu replacement OR Kenia1234 Start-Menu Replacement which uses no RAM!

10) Disable WM6.5.x Lock Screen - Saves 5mb RAM
Uses the default WM6.1 lock screen which uses no RAM. Start > Settings > Lock > Windows Classic

11) Disable HTC Notification Manager - Saves 4mb RAM:
HKLM\Services\NotificationManager\Flags = 4

12) Disable HTC Notifications Enhancer :
HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM\UseDefaultUI = 1
or
Remove HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM

13) Disable HTC Menu :
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\CUIHandler = 0

14) Disable HTC Date Picker :
Remove the key : HKLM\System\GWE\Commctrl\CustomDateTimeCtrl

15) Disable HTC Task Icons (battery, signal level...) & Pin Dialer :
Remove the key : HKLM\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps

More to come... If you have any, please post in this thread!
NB: These could also potentially increase battery performance! Feel free to share your experiences in the thread
in the thread contains some cabs as well

[TIPS] Save RAM with HTC Sense UPDATE 8/2/11 - xda-developers

let me know what yall think and hit thanks if it was helpful.

Last edited by eric12341; 02-18-2011 at 06:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: More ram saving tips/tweaks for those who don't know

Disabling phone canvas DOES NOT disable proximity sensor . it only disables the ability to have the proximity sensor one while the phone is on . you can easily bypass that . the package that controls the proximity sensor is ... Sensor SDK ..
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Disabling phone canvas DOES NOT disable proximity sensor . it only disables the ability to have the proximity sensor one while the phone is on . you can easily bypass that . the package that controls the proximity sensor is ... Sensor SDK ..
hmm well i was in a call and it wasnt working, someone in the thread also says something about it too. ill look into finding a fix for it
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes . while disabling the phone canvas .. you remove the reg entry PSensorStatus . all you have to do is custom create that entry .. i may cab it up for people who want it . but like i said i cooked a ROM without the Phone Canvas package and installed HD2 proximity app and it worked . as long as the Sensor SDK package is included in the build the proximity sensor is available for programs to access .
Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Yes . while disabling the phone canvas .. you remove the reg entry PSensorStatus . all you have to do is custom create that entry .. i may cab it up for people who want it . but like i said i cooked a ROM without the Phone Canvas package and installed HD2 proximity app and it worked . as long as the Sensor SDK package is included in the build the proximity sensor is available for programs to access .
yea cab it up and ill include it in the first post. the phone canvas disable tweak is pretty good as it seems to add more stability while freein up RAM and it also eliminates fat-fingering contacts (for those who have been doing it)
Old 02-17-2011, 06:05 PM

just did that tweak to disable the canvas . that reg entry does not get deleted it just disables the option to have it turn off while in a phone call . im working on a script that will do just that . without the canvas installed/on .
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

One ram saving tip is to delete your texts and emails, which is a two step process. Just deleting them puts them in the delete folder, in text mode, go menu(bottom right corner ), tools, empty deleted items. You'd be surprised how much quicker your phone gets after doing this .
Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

One ram saving tip is to delete your texts and emails, which is a two step process. Just deleting them puts them in the delete folder, in text mode, go menu(bottom right corner ), tools, empty deleted items. You'd be surprised how much quicker your phone gets after doing this .
Thanks for that info ! no lie i had 1000 texts on my phone before !! :P and is there any way to have it auto delete the oldest text after a count of say 250 accumulates in the inbox ? i know there isnt an exact setting on the phone but how hard would it be to write a simple program ?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

I think you're out of luck on the auto erase lol .
Old 02-18-2011, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Yeah that would be a handy feature to auto erase oldest messages after so many have accumulated. And no option for it, yet DUMBPHONES have this by default. lol.. WTF gives man? Supposed to be a SMART phone...
Anyways, thanks for the XDA link .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2