PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is this in the task manager?

So in the task manager you can view applications running, however if you go to menu you will see the option to view processes.

What is gwes.exe?
In my process list I see gwes.exe with a red icon next to it and it makes me thing it's not supposed to be red lol.

Can someone else check their phone and verify if it is the same for you.

Also I see manila.exe and shell.exe and read you can only run one at a time.
I didn't install any of it. Can someone also verify if this is the same on your phone also.

I have CHT and tp2 goodthings2life cleanup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (9.7 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gera229; 01-27-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: What is this in the task manager?

yes they are supposed to be like that , the red icon is just the programs icon showing up . manilla is manillas process , and shell is microsofts process for things like new text messages and such . its microsofts shell . everything , from my knowledge , is a ok on your phone
Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks you made me refreshen.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i think its related to contacts, calendar, and tasks...

I can create error codes on a TP1 by importing PIM.vol from a TP2.. getting gwes and cprog errors... as most of us know, PIM.vol holds contacts, calendar and tasks... so i assume theyre somewhat related... regardless as stated above, everything you mentioned is suppose to be running..
Old 01-28-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

do not end those processes as the phone will freeze. and u have CHT?poor u.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
. and u have CHT?poor u.
I know your talking to OP, but just because something doesnt work well for YOU, doesnt mean its complete shit to the rest of the world.. ive been running CHT on every ROM Ive used since CHT has come out.. and Ill bet my TP2 set-up Murders yours.. AND I dont have to be on 6.1 to do so either..

so lighten up already man... more so than anyone else, you always seem to be taking shot at peoples set-up..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am running super stable at CHT with about 88-90mb free ram on boot up but goes down after running some apps like opera goes down to the 70s but I guess this is normal but you can always correct me if I am wrong? (not bad, but without CHT I got like 100+mb from goodthings2life cleanup, but don't mind much cuz I like the style that I set up and runs smooth). I love the way I set up my homescreen (Almost like iphone style and it switches between pages almost smoothly like the iphone) since I did not need really anything that's on the stock.

And those of you who are running opera mini 5 (may be off topic), I would like to get more opinions other than from Eric lol( because he's the only one that's been answering) if you have had text entry problems with it on the cdma sprint htc touch pro 2. For example, I cannot type more than 1 sentence or in other words if I end a sentence with a period (.) I press space and type the first word of the second sentence, but when I press space again the first word deletes and I end up only have one completed sentence.

I think it is a period problem because I tried putting just the period without a sentence, then press space then type a word then space and it deleted the word. If I do not press space after the period it will be ok without deleting the word.

Sorry if this may be off topic.

It was very hard to take the picture of the between 2 pages part lol cuz it's smooth!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Home Page CHT.jpg (9.0 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Page 2(1) CHT.jpg (7.5 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Page 2(2) CHT.jpg (6.1 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gera229; 01-28-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

gwes.exe is a system process and stands for Graphics, Windowing and Events Subsystem. With 6.5(.x) it takes up a lot of memory and 'grows' over time. gera229, you can use more then one browser on your phone. Opera Mini doesn't work with every website, though I use it 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time, I just use regular Opera. If you're worried about hotmail, why not set it up and use the phone's email? I think you can even use Windows Live and have push mail with your hotmail account. I've written forum posts using Opera Mini, and they work just fine. It may just be an issue on your setup, but if it only happens in opera mini...I don't really know what to think. Maybe try a different keyboard and see if the error still occurs.

eric needs to find something more productive to do other then saying everything that is different from his preferences is bad (like maybe learn how to make his own ROM or write a better sense modification himself). CHT is a great sense addition, as proven by the vast number of people using it. Sure there may be bugs, but cookiemonster made it in his spare time and offered it to everyone for free. The amount of coding required and tools he created by far outweigh what anyone else in the community has done recently.

Eric, if you don't like it, that's fine. You just need to realize you're in the minority given the amount of ROMs that use CHT vs those that don't. If it was so horrible, it wouldn't be so popular.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Can CHT or goodthings2life or wimospeed effect what I type in hotmail? Have you tried replying to hotmail if you have one?
Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
eric needs to find something more productive to do other then saying everything that is different from his preferences is bad (like maybe learn how to make his own ROM or write a better sense modification himself). CHT is a great sense addition, as proven by the vast number of people using it. Sure there may be bugs, but cookiemonster made it in his spare time and offered it to everyone for free. The amount of coding required and tools he created by far outweigh what anyone else in the community has done recently.

Eric, if you don't like it, that's fine. You just need to realize you're in the minority given the amount of ROMs that use CHT vs those that don't. If it was so horrible, it wouldn't be so popular.
theres plenty of ROMs that don't have CHT VIN,lead,kenio. my posts have been pretty productive and helpful lately per my spike in rep. i also have my own rom cooked and I'm not bashing any other cooks for their roms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
Can CHT or goodthings2life or wimospeed effect what I type in hotmail? Have you tried replying to hotmail if you have one?
CHT shouldnt have any effect on what u type in hotmail,wimospeed would just make things run faster. and goodthings2life seems like a bigot due to this comment he made on ZDNet back in november.

Last edited by eric12341; 01-28-2011 at 11:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2