PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got a refurb TP2 replacement, what should I send back?

This is the update for my case a week ago when I found out that the famous rainbow-banding showing up on my original Tp2 and also a loosen end button. After asking around and realizing how flaky my local stores are, I finally got the Advanced tech support to send me a replacement hoping it's new (someone said advance tech still send NIB replacement).

Got the package today with a refurbed phone. Built in Aug 09, but refurbed Dec 10. They send Rfed accessories as well (battery, charger and usb cable). I checked the phone throughout, seems the only physical/appearance problem is that there is a small pattern of light leaking on the "windows/back" button. It was only used for 12s before being sent back for refurb, LOL.

Question is:

1. Is it possible to get NIB warranty replacement Tp2 anyway? There are so many different stories, some said non-corp store is the way, others said corp stores. Also people were talking about how advanced tech support send new replacement.

2. I don't have TEP, so I guess I can live with the refurb if chance of getting new device is slim and the refurb has no other problem. What should I send back in that USPS envelope? All my original accessories are working well (battery, charger, and cable), but now they are shipping me everything refurbed. Do I need to return the accessories as well?

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

audiringpwr is just getting started
Re: Got a refurb TP2 replacement, what should I send back?

yes, it is possible to get a brand new one.

the first 2 on my account, i had to go through multiple bad refurbish phones before it was finally approved to give me a new one.

the last refurbish phone i received, i took down to a corporate store and spoke to the manager. i guess it helped the store was extremely busy, and i was waiting for an hour...the manager just swapped it out with a new one for me.

fwiw, when you have to send in your damaged phone... they say you need to return the battery, back cover, etc... but you really don't need to. they are ok, and won't deduct anything from your account as long as they get the phone back. they really don't care about the battery or the back covers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

No, just the phone nothing else not even the battery or the battery cover.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Again, want to clarify, I don't have TEP. So would it be multiple charges of $35 fee if I want to swap this refurb unit in store?

This is the first replacement for my Tp2. The advanced tech support gal told me I only have one year warranty from my original device purchase date, no matter how many replacement I've gone through, which would be April this year.

And are you guys certain about no need of sending other stuff even the back cover?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 about sending in just the phone. no need to send accessories to sprint, jus send them to me like the guy above said, they usually only give you aanew phone after youve had multiple refurb replacements. also, id get tep if possible
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i strip them, not even back cover. i just tell them it broke. lol
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

imecoli is a n00b

I have TEP and went thru the mail, but you are not supposed to send batteries in the mail. So I don't think that would incur a charge. IN the past you could keep the back cover also, but not sure about now.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch

audiringpwr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
Again, want to clarify, I don't have TEP. So would it be multiple charges of $35 fee if I want to swap this refurb unit in store?

This is the first replacement for my Tp2. The advanced tech support gal told me I only have one year warranty from my original device purchase date, no matter how many replacement I've gone through, which would be April this year.

And are you guys certain about no need of sending other stuff even the back cover?
yes, if you look for my previous threads... i have a lot of extra batteries and back covers i sold cheap.

and i didn't have tep either, but that was before the warranty rules changed. the last phone i told you about getting exchanged for a new one was the day before that new warranty policy went into affect.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

guys, are those experiences (only send phone, not even backcover) after the warranty policy change ($35 fee for replacement for no TEP)? I still remember they used to send UPS bags and ask you to send everything in original box and threaten to charge if anything's missing.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

why don't u get TEP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2