PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what about the galaxy?

i love my tp2 but im getting a little tired of not having features like spype and google goggles etc. has anyone looked into the galaxy. slide out keyboard 16gb and android? any opinions please
Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: what about the galaxy?

I've been having issues with several replacement phones and just got a Fascinate shipped out to me to replace my TP2 with. I know a lot of people were looking to get an Evo or Epic but couldn't because of SERO limitations before, but I feel like that was fixed at the start of the month.

You could always run Android on your TP2, but not everything is fully working yet. The small development team though has been making some great progress though.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You should go to their prospective threads and check out their benefits and challenges for yourself.
I've heard mixed reports. But all in all they are apparently Great phones.
I'm waiting for WP7 to hit Sprint this comming Spring... Till then My TP2 does most of what I ask it to do.
p.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

for starters why dont u ask this in the ANDROID section and not the WM section
Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Maybe he wants OUR opinion.

p.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
for starters why dont u ask this in the ANDROID section and not the WM section
See above. I'm guessing that he asked here to see if anyone still in the TP2 section has upgraded from a TP2 to a Galaxy S phone and their opinion of the upgrade. A better place to ask may have been the Epic forum, but if it's like the Fascinate forum, it's probably a little dead.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Ahhh.....
You too have a good point... I like the OUR opinion one better though. LOL.
It was a joke bro.
I know what you meant.
p.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
See above. I'm guessing that he asked here to see if anyone still in the TP2 section has upgraded from a TP2 to a Galaxy S phone and their opinion of the upgrade. A better place to ask may have been the Epic forum, but if it's like the Fascinate forum, it's probably a little dead.
still wrong place,if i were to upgrade to an epic i wouldnt come back to these TP2 forums just like how i rarely goto the TP forums.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
i love my tp2 but im getting a little tired of not having features like spype and google goggles etc. has anyone looked into the galaxy. slide out keyboard 16gb and android? any opinions please
The Epic is fairly sweet..its a little getting used to but so far everything seems to run fairly smooth on it. To note though the 16gb is the preinstalled sd card..as far as internal storage it has 1gb unlike the other galaxy s which have 16gb...that said from using both devices at the same time I find myself more reluctant to use my TP2..even though I enjoyed using it before...the Epic is just that Epic :/ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
still wrong place,if i were to upgrade to an epic i wouldnt come back to these TP2 forums just like how i rarely goto the TP forums.
Thats not exactly true...some of us have both devices and check both forums...while it is true that they would get more responses in the Epic forums maybe they are interested in the responses of those that got an Epic and came back to the TP2 because they didn't like it for some reason.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned User

i see this thread as an attempt to glorify android and say that either wm or the TP2 sucks then we'll have a huge flame war its only a matter of time before those ppl get in here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2