PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Curve>Tour>TP2
Carrier: Sprint

idenlover is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions about settings on energy rom

I tried posting in the engery rom fourm but my posts kept getting buried and no one got a chance to answer. I also tried searching and didn't turn anything specific up for what I'm looking for.

After changing the messaging back to classic (non-bubbles), how do I get my messaging button on the home screen to go directly to my sms/mms box and not show my email box options? I found the "show account selector screen" option, but when I disable that option, it just goes to my email. Is there someone to set priority? It seems like waste to have have to click on "sms/mms" every time. I don't really see the point of it when you have a button for email...

Second, I have my ringer set to just "ring" under sounds and notifications, but it still vibrates every time it rings. Is there another place where I need to turn off vibration?

Thanks in advance guys, I love my phone, and really appreciate the help!

Last edited by idenlover; 10-11-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: I apparently can't spell :)
Old 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenlover
I tried posting in the engery rom fourm but my posts kept getting buried and no one got a chance to answer. I also tried searching and didn't turn anything specific up for what I'm looking for.

After changing the messaging back to classic (non-bubbles), how do I get my messaging button on the home screen to go directly to my sms/mms box and not show my email box options? I found the "show account selector screen" option, but when I disable that option, it just goes to my email. Is there someone to set priority? It seems like waste to have have to click on "sms/mms" every time. I don't really see the point of it when you have a button for email...

Second, I have my ringer set to just "ring" under sounds and notifications, but it still vibrates every time it rings. Is there another place where I need to turn off vibration?

Thanks in advance guys, I love my phone, and really appreciate the help!
You must not be using manila. If you use manila or sense there is a seperate tab for sms/mms.

For the vibration, you might try installing a different Audiopara file. Some of the tweaked Audiopara files can mess up vibration performance.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

idenlover is a n00b
Re: Questions about settings on energy rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
You must not be using manila. If you use manila or sense there is a seperate tab for sms/mms.

For the vibration, you might try installing a different Audiopara file. Some of the tweaked Audiopara files can mess up vibration performance.
I don't know much about manila, but I do know that I'm running sense 2.5. I don't see a separate tab for sms/mms anywhere, but I also don't know where you are talking about. I was asking if the messages button could go directly to my sms/mms inbox as opposed to showing the "select an account" screen.

The energy rom does have CHT editor installed, and I've searched all the options for where to turn off the vibration on ring or vibration on nofication, and still haven't found it. I did turn of the HTC vibration in apps, but that didn't impact the ringer. What are these audiopara files you speak of?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenlover View Post
I don't know much about manila, but I do know that I'm running sense 2.5. I don't see a separate tab for sms/mms anywhere, but I also don't know where you are talking about. I was asking if the messages button could go directly to my sms/mms inbox as opposed to showing the "select an account" screen.

The energy rom does have CHT editor installed, and I've searched all the options for where to turn off the vibration on ring or vibration on nofication, and still haven't found it. I did turn of the HTC vibration in apps, but that didn't impact the ringer. What are these audiopara files you speak of?
could be a bug. what energy rom date and version are you using?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

idenlover is a n00b

It was the "more stable" version of energy from 9/29 off the top of my head, I can double check when I get home.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

You need to set the commandline argument to set the appropriate service:

examples:
tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync"
tmail.exe -service "SMS"
tmail.exe -service "MMS"
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yeah, let us know what version of energy you are running and possibly post a screenshot of your home screen.
If you are using sense or manila you have a rom of icons at the bottom of your home screen and one of those is for email and another one is for sms/mms so you click on the one you want. You can navigate to one or the other using the account picker screen after you click on one of those tabs but I don't understand why you would click on the email tab and navigate to sms instead of just clicking on the sms tab.
If you are running Titainium then you won't have a row of icons at the bottom of your homescreen you will just have text in a row on the left side of your homescreen(today screen.)

Last edited by horndoctor; 10-12-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Your questions will be better served in the EnergyRom thread. And what are these bubbles you're talking about?

To fix the SMS button situation: remove the faulty quick link, click the (+) to add a new one, find the one that says "SMS." You can also edit the registry manually as per NinjaDuck's directions.

As far as the vibrate thing, make sure that vibrate is disabled in Sense Settings->Sounds&Display. Ensure that the profile isn't on vibrate as well as "Ring Type" a few lines down. You may as well confirm that they took effect in the WM Notifications applet. If all else fails, you can resort to manual editing of the registry again, where you can customize the ring/vibe pattern. A quick Google search will show detailed info.

Edit- he's on WM6.5/Sense 2.5, probably CHT... not 6.5.x.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

idenlover is a n00b

Wow, thanks for the all the help. You hit the nail on on the head with your edit there Quick. I am running the cookie version of energy, sense 2.5 from Sep. 29th. I did try posting both of those questions in the energy thread, but each time the threads were buried before anyone could answer. I really appreciate the help, and I apologize for seeking out support from the general tp2 public

The bubbles I was talking about seem to be the default sms threading when I go to the "messages" icon on the slider (HTC SMS). It seemed slow, and I didn't like the send button placement. When I found the other "messaging" application that instead uses the blue and green headers, with the huge send button for your left thumb, I made that the default for my messages. Now when I click on the messages quicklink on the home screen (my notification icon for messages in cookie) it goes to messaging, but opens with the "Select an Account" screen, where I have to select SMS/MMS to see my messages every time. Why the extra step? I found the option to turn off the account selector all together, but then when I click on the same messaging quicklink on the home screen, it only occasionally goes to my SMS/MMS box. Whenever I go to check my email (via the mail notification on the homescreen), then later click on the messages quicklink to go to SMS/MMS, it goes back into the email inbox, even though I just clicked on the messages icon. It's like it follows where you've been. Either way, I'd like my messages quicklink to go straight into SMS/MMS inbox every time, is that possible or do I just have to always click on SMS/MMS?

On the vibration tip, I guess I never adjusted the sound and display sense setting. I was looking at the Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications ringer setting where it said "ring". After looking at the sense setting, it was set to "other". Now my phone finally doesn't vibrate off my desk when it rings, Thanks again for the help!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yea the Energy tread moves fast, I just suggested keeping it there because people are more familiar with your setup. A lot of us run it anyway so posting it here isn't really an issue.

I use the same rom and frankly, I'm still confused about what you mean by various messaging programs. You're suggesting that there are 3 different ones?

To me, there's the HTC Messaging app, which is accessible via your slider at te bottom next to the Email tab AND Start-HTC-Messaging. I don't like this one personally because of the speed.

Then there's the WM Messaging program, which also encompasses your email accounts, exchange account, and "SMS/MMS." It looks plain, it's fast, and the only send button that exists is the softkey on te bottom left.

Are you trying to configure the CHT notification icons to open the WM messaging? If so, this is done by pressing Menu at the home screen, CHT Editor, then I think it's in Misc/Applications (where you can edit te default alarm, call history, etc..). You'll be prompted to select a program, just scroll down and select SMS. You should also be able to select the HTC one if you want.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question... I'm just a little unclear, maybe because I rarely use te HTC solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2