PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

toxendless is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
data error code 13?

I updated my version of energy ROM. when the tp2 booted back up I ran verizon carrier provisioning, when it restarted again I programmed the phone.

no data, no calling, no texting. nothing, I tried flashing back to stock, flashing to a different version of energy. nothing is working anyone have any advice?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

If you flashed the shipped rom and ran Update Profile I don't understand why your device wouldn't function normally.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: data error code 13?

going back to the shipped rom should have cleared up all issue's. thats weird!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

did you check to see that your SID and all that is still programmed into the phone?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

If I remember right one of these two dial codes will reset programming so the update profile will work.
the first one is most logical, and may not reset the whole phone (although I think it does)
##DATA (3282)
and this one has fixed many weird things for me over the years
##786 (reverse logistics)

once your into these (msl required to edit) there is a menu option to reset.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There's always task29...
Old 09-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
There's always task29...

Good point Good point!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
There's always task29...

Good point Good point!
Task29 itself won't fix the problem. If you task29 you still have to flash a rom which in this case should probably be the shipped rom. Just so you know, flashing the shipped rom does a Task28 which clears out more than Task29. I guess if you wanna do both go ahead but it's probably unnecessary.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

You've been borked.. Also you dont by chance have a google number do you> google screwed my stuff up few weeks back with their forwarding.

data code 13 means your services are reading as not activated.. call being stupid and ask if they can take that feature off, then put it back on after about 30 seconds. Then pull battery out for about 15 seconds, boot back up and re-program the phone, you will need to do option 2 after option 1. (according to a tech thats also for data) Check you phone info with radio on and make sure thata ll the stuff thats in there is in there. if not you'll have to go to verizon and have it done manually.

Im also thinking verizon has changed something in their systems.

I also just went thru somthing very ugly and dont advise unlocking sim cards. Theives have their way with you and the info that gets taken and placed on their phones is alot like the trouble your having. too many phones with same id.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxendless View Post
I updated my version of energy ROM. when the tp2 booted back up I ran verizon carrier provisioning, when it restarted again I programmed the phone.

The reason i said he needs to have them take the data package off systems and put it back on is that still had to be done after I got the replcement.. then it worked.

no data, no calling, no texting. nothing, I tried flashing back to stock, flashing to a different version of energy. nothing is working anyone have any advice?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 09-30-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

toxendless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
You've been borked.. Also you dont by chance have a google number do you> google screwed my stuff up few weeks back with their forwarding.

data code 13 means your services are reading as not activated.. call being stupid and ask if they can take that feature off, then put it back on after about 30 seconds. Then pull battery out for about 15 seconds, boot back up and re-program the phone, you will need to do option 2 after option 1. (according to a tech thats also for data) Check you phone info with radio on and make sure thata ll the stuff thats in there is in there. if not you'll have to go to verizon and have it done manually.

Im also thinking verizon has changed something in their systems.

I also just went thru somthing very ugly and dont advise unlocking sim cards. Theives have their way with you and the info that gets taken and placed on their phones is alot like the trouble your having. too many phones with same id.
I went into the vzw store on my school break and after an hour and a half my phone was working with everything except data. They put a trouble ticked on my account and I was supposed to get a call at 5:45 but I never got it if I don't get one by tomorrow afternoon I'll call them.

Also I did task29 and then re flashes the stock rom. Running stock rom and radio right now and now after every text message I send it tells me the phone doesn't know which country I'm in and when I click the drop down box on country it gives me tons of unites states options. Really at a loss here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2