PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 06:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

quickdraw62 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Removing Verizon bloatware apps?

I've searched but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I started this thread looking for (hoping for to be honest) the answer.

Is there any way to uninstalled the stupid memory hog bloatware from the VZW HTC TP2 without installing a custom ROM? I'm currently on the VZW stock 6.5 manila 2.5.

I saw that someone did it on a different style phone but his app doesn't work on my phone.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Removing Verizon bloatware apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw62 View Post
I've searched but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I started this thread looking for (hoping for to be honest) the answer.

Is there any way to uninstalled the stupid memory hog bloatware from the VZW HTC TP2 without installing a custom ROM? I'm currently on the VZW stock 6.5 manila 2.5.

I saw that someone did it on a different style phone but his app doesn't work on my phone.
you can use sktools. i think you're mistaken about something though. The programs only use memory if you run them. If you dont open them, it wont use any of your memory.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you can use sktools. i think you're mistaken about something though. The programs only use memory if you run them. If you dont open them, it wont use any of your memory.
They take up storage memory.....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 08-16-2010, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
They take up storage memory.....
really? didn't know that. thanks. lol.
Storage memory is not a problem on our phone. He's refering to programs that are memory hogs that use up the ram.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
really? didn't know that. thanks. lol.
Storage memory is not a problem on our phone. He's refering to programs that are memory hogs that use up the ram.
Yep they do....lol

I am sure some things take up some ram but, I would love to remove all the bloatware myself to clear up more storage ram.

I am sure by removing the programs, it might free up a little ram, but, as they are not running, I can't see much....
Old 08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Yep they do....lol

I am sure some things take up some ram but, I would love to remove all the bloatware myself to clear up more storage ram.

I am sure by removing the programs, it might free up a little ram, but, as they are not running, I can't see much....
they only take up ram if they are opened. there's no such thing as storage ram on our phone. you can use the program i mentioned in my first post above to remove factory installed programs.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you want to uninstall some of the shipped apps use sktools like razor said or you could try tms uninstaller.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you want to uninstall some of the shipped apps use sktools like razor said or you could try tms uninstaller.
whats up hd. hey man, i don't think i ever heard of that tms uninstaller. thanks for the heads up on it.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

quickdraw62 is a n00b

Thanks for the information. I'm going to get right on this today.

And yes, I was talking about memory being used by running programs but I was thinking that some of that bloatware has running processes at startup. So like with windows on a pc, even though the program isn't running, there are processes running at startup that use memory.

I still want to remove the bloatware even if that is not the case so thank you for the info.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

i tried tms uninstaller the only thing i could delete was programs off the sd card is there a setting i gotta change so i can delete the stuff off the device thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2