PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Removing Verizon bloatware apps? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131659)

quickdraw62 08-16-2010 06:58 AM

Removing Verizon bloatware apps?

I've searched but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I started this thread looking for (hoping for to be honest) the answer.

Is there any way to uninstalled the stupid memory hog bloatware from the VZW HTC TP2 without installing a custom ROM? I'm currently on the VZW stock 6.5 manila 2.5.

I saw that someone did it on a different style phone but his app doesn't work on my phone.

razorloves 08-16-2010 07:28 AM

Re: Removing Verizon bloatware apps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1912558)
I've searched but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I started this thread looking for (hoping for to be honest) the answer.

Is there any way to uninstalled the stupid memory hog bloatware from the VZW HTC TP2 without installing a custom ROM? I'm currently on the VZW stock 6.5 manila 2.5.

I saw that someone did it on a different style phone but his app doesn't work on my phone.

you can use sktools. i think you're mistaken about something though. The programs only use memory if you run them. If you dont open them, it wont use any of your memory.

DavidinCT 08-16-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1912563)
you can use sktools. i think you're mistaken about something though. The programs only use memory if you run them. If you dont open them, it wont use any of your memory.

They take up storage memory.....

razorloves 08-16-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 1913616)
They take up storage memory.....

really? didn't know that. thanks. lol.
Storage memory is not a problem on our phone. He's refering to programs that are memory hogs that use up the ram.

DavidinCT 08-16-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1913981)
really? didn't know that. thanks. lol.
Storage memory is not a problem on our phone. He's refering to programs that are memory hogs that use up the ram.

Yep they do....lol

I am sure some things take up some ram but, I would love to remove all the bloatware myself to clear up more storage ram.

I am sure by removing the programs, it might free up a little ram, but, as they are not running, I can't see much....

razorloves 08-16-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 1914233)
Yep they do....lol

I am sure some things take up some ram but, I would love to remove all the bloatware myself to clear up more storage ram.

I am sure by removing the programs, it might free up a little ram, but, as they are not running, I can't see much....

they only take up ram if they are opened. there's no such thing as storage ram on our phone. you can use the program i mentioned in my first post above to remove factory installed programs.

horndoctor 08-16-2010 09:40 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you want to uninstall some of the shipped apps use sktools like razor said or you could try tms uninstaller.

razorloves 08-16-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1914295)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you want to uninstall some of the shipped apps use sktools like razor said or you could try tms uninstaller.

whats up hd. hey man, i don't think i ever heard of that tms uninstaller. thanks for the heads up on it.

quickdraw62 08-17-2010 05:45 AM

Thanks for the information. I'm going to get right on this today.

And yes, I was talking about memory being used by running programs but I was thinking that some of that bloatware has running processes at startup. So like with windows on a pc, even though the program isn't running, there are processes running at startup that use memory.

I still want to remove the bloatware even if that is not the case so thank you for the info.

meechieervin 08-17-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1914295)

i tried tms uninstaller the only thing i could delete was programs off the sd card is there a setting i gotta change so i can delete the stuff off the device thanks