PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Bostonbull is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LAG! Unresponsive

I am getting to my wits end with the 6.5 and the lag issues I have been dealing with. There are times that the phone will freeze for 10-15 seconds. An example is trying to close out of the text/email screen, or when finishing a call from an unknown caller; I get the screen option to add the name to contacts. I click add new contact or existing contact and LAG! 15 seconds every time easily.

I have clear temp and cleanram installed and run them daily, sometimes more often. All of my apps, etc are saved to my card. I have deleted Sprint bloatware like NASCAR, TV, NFL, etc.

What am I missing? What can I do?

Besides flashing to custom or getting another phone what are the options? Lag makes me hate my WinMO phone!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: LAG! Unresponsive

i feel your pain. lag is just part of winmo combined with older hardware... it was the final breaking point for me to look into getting a secondary device that was faster. i just can't afford such frustrating load times for basic things like searching the net and texting
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It helps if you keep very few text messages and emails on your phone. HTC Sense does some wacky crap when you have a bunch of either.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonbull View Post
All of my apps, etc are saved to my card.
SD cards are slug-slow. Even class 1000000 or whatever kids these days are using. Install everything to your device. Use the card for storing music, videos, pics, and cabs for reinstallation, etc. (anything you want to keep after hard resets), backup files and such. Keep email on the device, not on the card. Try that for awhile and see if it gets better.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

Bostonbull is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i ent through deleted old texts, and emails, checked for pics etc I could delete. then ran clear temp, followed by clean ram (level3) and i am @ 59.6 free memory. still lots of lag. when i clicked in the box here to reply the phone froze for 5 seconds........getting old fast
Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i ent through deleted old texts, and emails, checked for pics etc I could delete. then ran clear temp, followed by clean ram (level3) and i am @ 59.6 free memory. still lots of lag. when i clicked in the box here to reply the phone froze for 5 seconds........getting old fast
i gave up and went back to blackberry, i did everything you did, and even went as far as turning off sense, still froze up alot

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-26-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID X, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I am getting to my wits end with the 6.5 and the lag issues I have been dealing with. There are times that the phone will freeze for 10-15 seconds. An example is trying to close out of the text/email screen, or when finishing a call from an unknown caller; I get the screen option to add the name to contacts. I click add new contact or existing contact and LAG! 15 seconds every time easily.

I have clear temp and cleanram installed and run them daily, sometimes more often. All of my apps, etc are saved to my card. I have deleted Sprint bloatware like NASCAR, TV, NFL, etc.

Besides flashing to custom or getting another phone what are the options? Lag makes me hate my WinMO phone!
It's just how Windows Mobile is. Was like this when I had a MPX-200 like 7 years ago.. Was like this on my MPX-220, 3125, 8525, ATT Tilt, etc, etc.

I dont understand why Windows Mobile doesnt scream considering the OS is basically the same thing from 6 years ago. You'd think on new hardware like the TP2, it'd fly..
Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed_z06 View Post
It's just how Windows Mobile is. Was like this when I had a MPX-200 like 7 years ago.. Was like this on my MPX-220, 3125, 8525, ATT Tilt, etc, etc.

I dont understand why Windows Mobile doesnt scream considering the OS is basically the same thing from 6 years ago. You'd think on new hardware like the TP2, it'd fly..
Yea, I seriously don't get that either. Of course the hardware hasn't increased THAT much either. My mogul was 400Mhz and my Touch Pro was 528Mhz and my Touch Pro 2 is 528Mhz. All three phones ran the same OS. All three phones didn't have enough memory.

I guess the fact that Microsoft pretty much gave up and resigned itself to do small patches instead of major upgrades on windows mobile years ago is what leads to the inevitable lag and frustration.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:20 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:

Hard reset and then install apps to device as was mentioned....delete texts every couple days....but personally I would flash custom....most of the bs is out.......I dont experience any kind of lag like you are experiencing...
Old 06-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Yea, custom roms help a lot. Completely worth the small amount of time it takes to accomplish. Doesn't solve every problem, but makes the phone tolerable most of the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2