PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newest Convert to TP2

Hello all-

Just swapped out my busted old HTC Diamond to the TP2, and I gotta say I'm likin!

Just spent the last 5 hours customizing the cr@p out of the TP2, and it's running nice and smooth.. Anyways, just saying hello to the Tp2 crowd and forum- looks like I'll be joining the crowd in the days to come.

-NighthawkIX

Heritage:
LG Fusic ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HTC Mogul 2007-2008 R.I.P.
HTC Diamond 2008-2010
HTC TP2 2010-?
???
Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

welcome to the battlefield!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started
Re: Newest Convert to TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkIX View Post
Hello all-

Just swapped out my busted old HTC Diamond to the TP2, and I gotta say I'm likin!=D>

Just spent the last 5 hours customizing the cr@p out of the TP2, and it's running nice and smooth.. Anyways, just saying hello to the Tp2 crowd and forum- looks like I'll be joining the crowd in the days to come.

-NighthawkIX

Heritage:
LG Fusic ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HTC Diamond 2008-2010
HTC TP2 2010-?
???
Looks like you did the same thing I did! I swapped my Diamond out a couple weeks ago and have not looked back. Sure, I'd have liked better specs, but being on SERO, I'll put up with this phone for 2 years.

Before my diamond, I had the Touch (Vogue); that darn phone sent me over the edge so I got the diamond, which also irked me haha. Now we wait to see how long this one takes to irk me

My friends always heard me complaining about my phone [or using it as an excuse], so now they advise me "don't hack it so much" - too bad for them, I've already got ~15 things installed!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Just swapped out my busted old HTC Diamond to the TP2, and I gotta say I'm likin!=D>
You made a good choice. You will probably get some "nay-sayers" in here claiming you should have bought an EVO, don't listen to them.

My boss recently returned his EVO & went back to a TP2 for now. He realized pretty quickly that it really DOES SUCK not having a hardware KB for texting & entering URL's. That wasn't the main problem however. He uses his phone a LOT & the atrocious battery life of the EVO made it totally useless for him.

He couldn't make it beyond about 1/2 day on a fully charged battery (he claimed it was worse than his old TouchPro) & that was the killer for him. His TP2 doesn't have the worlds best battery, but it easily makes it through a normal days use for him.

~John
Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Anonimous is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You made a good choice. You will probably get some "nay-sayers" in here claiming you should have bought an EVO, don't listen to them.

My boss recently returned his EVO & went back to a TP2 for now. He realized pretty quickly that it really DOES SUCK not having a hardware KB for texting & entering URL's. That wasn't the main problem however. He uses his phone a LOT & the atrocious battery life of the EVO made it totally useless for him.

He couldn't make it beyond about 1/2 day on a fully charged battery (he claimed it was worse than his old TouchPro) & that was the killer for him. His TP2 doesn't have the worlds best battery, but it easily makes it through a normal days use for him.

~John
was the batt. problem a droid thing
Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimous View Post
was the batt. problem a droid thing
I'm not really sure if it is an Android problem (I doubt it) or if the EVO just has too small a battery to handle that big screen (that would be my guess)

It was incredibly poor planning on somebody's part however, it makes the phone virtually useless for any heavy business user & makes me wonder why HTC even released it like this.......

~John
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Anonimous is a n00b

yeah im noticing that the batteries don't last to long on these devices. I bought a extra oem battery for my tp2. and now I wished I got one of those extended batteries
Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Hello all-

-NighthawkIX

Heritage:
LG Fusic ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
HTC Diamond 2008-2010
HTC TP2 2010-?
???
Good choice, hopefully you're happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
+1 on not listening to trolls about the Evo versus TP2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimous View Post
yeah im noticing that the batteries don't last to long on these devices. I bought a extra oem battery for my tp2. and now I wished I got one of those extended batteries
I can easily make it through a long work day with normal use, even fairly heavy use on my TP2, but I do keep a charger handy in my office and car. If you haven't already, take a glance at a custom ROM, IMO better battery life is just one of the pluses to a custom rom.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:05 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just look at all the my evo broke threads, more of them than when the tp2 came out imo and i have a evo and hated all the issues i had like tp2 had but its all fixed and evo has issues i cant fix like dust under screen just like my hero had. tp2 is by far my fav. ppc.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

You should have stayed with us a bit longer.

Radio: 2.35.00WF

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2