PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: R.I.P Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
OP's first mistake was contacting HTC directly. He should've contacted his carrier and had Sprint handle the problem for him. as you can read from a few posts from sprint customers (including me), we did not have any problems in getting our broken phone replaced based on warranty by Sprint. and same as you, we did not have to argue our case as well in getting our devices replaced.
I agree
Old 06-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

turin39789 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
OP's first mistake was contacting HTC directly. He should've contacted his carrier and had Sprint handle the problem for him. as you can read from a few posts from sprint customers (including me), we did not have any problems in getting our broken phone replaced based on warranty by Sprint. and same as you, we did not have to argue our case as well in getting our devices replaced.

Yea feeling bad on that one. Just figured since I didn't have the insurance it would have been a dead in. There were two days I almost made the time to go to the sprint store but I figured I'd get my working phone back faster if I just bit the bullet and shipped it in.

I'll try to talk to the sprint store this weekend and see what they can do, if I get some positive vibes there I may pay the $28 to get my phone out of hock to HTC and take it to sprint and let them do the warranty process.

My process at this point is
Feel out Sprint store for repair vibe(I don't have it with me but this is what happened....)
Wait for HTC to call me back(Monday/Tuesday they said)
Argue with HTC
If arguing fails, hopefully take it to Sprint.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

peter8d9 is a n00b

Do you or do you not have TEP? Personally i think it's uneconomical to pay $7/month or $84/yr when the phone can be bought off ebay for about $200. I understand if you are unlucky with your phone (i.e. dropping it, getting water on it, get it stolen) and even then there is a deductible to pay. Seems like you're paying quite a bit more for the same thing if you just replaced it yourself. Oh and don't say it's a $500 phone. If it can be bought off ebay/etc for $200 then it is only worth $500 to YOU and no one else.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour

photojenius27 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to photojenius27

If it's going to cost the same to just buy one from here or ebay you'd be better off just buying a new one instead of repairing it, although it'll most likely be a used one, as long as you pay attention to the pictures and user info you could end up coming out with a better deal for the phone.

Touch Pro 2 is a good phone, it has it's problems just like any other phone, but it's probably even better for those who know how to really customize, which I personally don't but was lucky to know someone who does to help me out with it, though I might end up selling mine to someone who is into the customizing and want a good phone to have that many selections in doing so.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well if it is not against your morals..you can get a new line add TEP to it...swap phones, get insurance...and then in 30 day cancel >.>..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been paying my $4 per month and then $7 per month for insurance since 2000 while being on Sprint and it always came in handy for various reasons all the way back to my Motorola Startac (silver) that was stolen in Mexico and the bill was ran up to $700 by the time I got back to the US, Sprint canceled the bill and sent me a Samsung 8500 for free.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter8d9 View Post
Do you or do you not have TEP? Personally i think it's uneconomical to pay $7/month or $84/yr when the phone can be bought off ebay for about $200. I understand if you are unlucky with your phone (i.e. dropping it, getting water on it, get it stolen) and even then there is a deductible to pay. Seems like you're paying quite a bit more for the same thing if you just replaced it yourself. Oh and don't say it's a $500 phone. If it can be bought off ebay/etc for $200 then it is only worth $500 to YOU and no one else.
Well that's why those are only your opinions and thankfully not the guidelines.. Having insurance on your phone is no different than having insurance on your car... I can buy a $2000 car and pay $75 a month or $900 a year, but instead you'd insist to just not have insurance and buy a new car every 2 years..?? I can't justify that at all, when having insurance could alleviate that whole situation... And to be honest, just because you can get one off ebay doesn't mean it's not a $450 phone...

Am I the only one who hates ignorant people..??

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

(at the picture)

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Having insurance on your phone is no different than having insurance on your car...

Eer, yea it is.

I drive a truck I paid $25,000 for, & having that insured is completely totally different than wasting money every month on a phone that can be replaced for less than $200 from ebay.

I have used a PPC since my xv6700 days & have never paid for & never needed insurance. I carefully take care of my phones, & the amount of money I have saved at this point in not paying monthly insurance fees would buy me another phone a couple times over even if I bought it at full retail (which I would never do anyway).

I guess it all depends what kind of a user you are. I have a co-worker who abuses his phone unmercifully & for him insurance is pretty much required. He manages to break his phone at least once a month when he has a good buzz on. He has layed it down at parties where he basically didn't know anybody & had it stolen three times (or he was so drunk he forgot where he left it).

He also thinks nothing of making a phony insurance claim. i personally don't really care that he does that, but it's not something I would do.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

peter8d9 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Well that's why those are only your opinions and thankfully not the guidelines.. Having insurance on your phone is no different than having insurance on your car... I can buy a $2000 car and pay $75 a month or $900 a year, but instead you'd insist to just not have insurance and buy a new car every 2 years..?? I can't justify that at all, when having insurance could alleviate that whole situation... And to be honest, just because you can get one off ebay doesn't mean it's not a $450 phone...

Am I the only one who hates ignorant people..??
Wait, you put a phone and car at the same level? Now, lets take your example and analyze it. First, where did you get your $2000 car and $75/month for insurance numbers? If that's what you're paying, you're getting ripped off. There's no point in buying collision and comprehensive on a car when it's only worth $2k. I'm going to make a wild assumption and guess that you were getting liability, comprehensive and collision. Why would you pay $900/year on insurance on a car worth only twice that. Not only that, why are your rates so high? I pay $75/month for 2 vehicles worth a lot more than $2k together. And who said you have to buy a new car every 2 years? I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue with that one.

Oh and to be honest, just because you SAY your phone is worth $450 doesn't make it worth $450. Something is worth only what someone will pay for it. Remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Eer, yea it is.

I drive a truck I paid $25,000 for, & having that insured is completely totally different than wasting money every month on a phone that can be replaced for less than $200 from ebay.

I have used a PPC since my xv6700 days & have never paid for & never needed insurance. I carefully take care of my phones, & the amount of money I have saved at this point in not paying monthly insurance fees would buy me another phone a couple times over even if I bought it at full retail (which I would never do anyway).

I guess it all depends what kind of a user you are. I have a co-worker who abuses his phone unmercifully & for him insurance is pretty much required. He manages to break his phone at least once a month when he has a good buzz on. He has layed it down at parties where he basically didn't know anybody & had it stolen three times (or he was so drunk he forgot where he left it).

He also thinks nothing of making a phony insurance claim. i personally don't really care that he does that, but it's not something I would do.

~John
Thanks for a little dose of common sense.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dead