PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

turin39789 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
R.I.P Touch Pro 2

My Touch Pro 2 started off as a great phone. I did a few tweaks, was able to tether and generally loved it. Processor could have been faster, but I wasn't complaining.

Got the rainbow screen effect or whatever we are calling it after a few months, it was annoying but when the screen was on it was ignorable.

Tried out 6.5, got used to the look but felt slower, I finally gave up and went back to 6.1.

Then one day I'm sitting at my dining room table, watching TV. I reach down to make a call on the phone I had used 15 minutes before, and the touch screen does not respond. I tried rebooting, I tried the "open half way and then open real fast" trick that I found in a thread here. Nothing was working. I could still sorta make calls using the physical keyboard, but the phone was no good.

No Insurance.

Called HTC, arranged for an RMA, mailed it in. They explained all the ways that it might be my fault(running over it, water, etc) but I felt pretty confident in going straight to them because I hadn't done anything stupid. I've dropped a different phone in water before and I took it to sprint and was honest with them and paid for the repair.

Got an email today, showing that they want $280.00 to replace the screen. I called in for an explanation, apparently I wasn't supposed to get that email, it was supposed to go to a rep who was supposed to call me with the bad news. Rep I spoke with said that Sprint repairs are different than others and they don't get good notes sent back from the technicians so she is escalating it for a better explanation, but didn't give any hope that it would be covered under warranty.

All I know right now is -

Customer ComplaintANY OTHER COMPLAINTTouchpro 2 (sprint) screen unresponsive.Inspection ResultsLCD BLEEDINGRepair Fault CodesSPRINT
When we were speaking and I mentioned the rainbow effect she started to ask about putting pressure on the phone and "god forbid" putting it in a pocket!

Will post an update once they confirm that I'm getting screwed over. Then I get to pay $280 to have them fix it or $28 for the diagnostic fee to get the carcass back.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: R.I.P Touch Pro 2

That's why I always start at the Sprint store.
If they don't know how to fix it... They replace the phone.
I'm not too worried about refurbs if I've had my phone for a while.
Keep us updated though and stick to your guns bro.
p.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

This defect has been well documented here and elsewhere as a mfg defect. I had it myself. First the rainbow, then the small dark spot at which point the screen becomes non-responsive. Most people contact the carrier and get the phone immediately replaced. That's what I did. If it's under warranty you won't have to pay. Go thru the carrier. I'm amazed HTC tried to pimp you on that. They are rapidly losing any goodwill they ever had with me when I hear about stuff like this.

Last edited by aiiee; 06-25-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin39789 View Post

Customer ComplaintANY OTHER COMPLAINTTouchpro 2 (sprint) screen unresponsive.Inspection ResultsLCD BLEEDINGRepair Fault CodesSPRINT
When we were speaking and I mentioned the rainbow effect she started to ask about putting pressure on the phone and "god forbid" putting it in a pocket!

Will post an update once they confirm that I'm getting screwed over. Then I get to pay $280 to have them fix it or $28 for the diagnostic fee to get the carcass back.

And now I have a reason to tell people to never sign up with Sprint either.

Last edited by aiiee; 06-25-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin39789 View Post
My Touch Pro 2 started off as a great phone. I did a few tweaks, was able to tether and generally loved it. Processor could have been faster, but I wasn't complaining.

Got the rainbow screen effect or whatever we are calling it after a few months, it was annoying but when the screen was on it was ignorable.

Tried out 6.5, got used to the look but felt slower, I finally gave up and went back to 6.1.

Then one day I'm sitting at my dining room table, watching TV. I reach down to make a call on the phone I had used 15 minutes before, and the touch screen does not respond. I tried rebooting, I tried the "open half way and then open real fast" trick that I found in a thread here. Nothing was working. I could still sorta make calls using the physical keyboard, but the phone was no good.

No Insurance.

Called HTC, arranged for an RMA, mailed it in. They explained all the ways that it might be my fault(running over it, water, etc) but I felt pretty confident in going straight to them because I hadn't done anything stupid. I've dropped a different phone in water before and I took it to sprint and was honest with them and paid for the repair.

Got an email today, showing that they want $280.00 to replace the screen. I called in for an explanation, apparently I wasn't supposed to get that email, it was supposed to go to a rep who was supposed to call me with the bad news. Rep I spoke with said that Sprint repairs are different than others and they don't get good notes sent back from the technicians so she is escalating it for a better explanation, but didn't give any hope that it would be covered under warranty.

its cheaper to go on ebay and just buy another tp2 then paying to fix that one lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
And now I have a reason to tell people to never sign up with Sprint either.
Or you could just tell them if they're going to own a $500 phone it's probably best if they pay an extra $7 a month to insure it....

Old 06-25-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah i had this problem too a few weeks ago coming back from my trip. got off the plane and noticed a dark spot on my screen. but phone worked perfectly otherwise. then after two days, the spot got bigger and touch screen unresponsive.

you should've called sprint before going directly to HTC. because when i called sprint regarding my problem, the rep i spoke asked a couple of questions to verify what i can and cannot do on the device. after about a minute of explaining, the rep said that i am still under factory warranty and that he'll send me a replacement. within 2 days i got my replacement and returned my defective phone. after about 1 week of sending, i get notification that everything's good and nothing else for me to pay.

maybe you can plead your case with a sprint rep regarding replacing the phone under the manufacturer's warranty. worse case scenario, instead of paying the $280, get on the bargain trader section and pick up one of the tp2's for sale in there going for $200...which would still save you $80 (or more if you can talk seller down on his/her price).

my question is...why didn't you get the TEP when you got your TP2?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 06-25-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Or you could just tell them if they're going to own a $500 phone it's probably best if they pay an extra $7 a month to insure it....
They call it a warranty for a reason. Plus, Verizon will just replace them for free if you haven't dropped or sunk it, none of this "oh you pressed it too hard" or "oh, you put it in your pocket??? WHY???". There's no call for that bs.

Last edited by aiiee; 06-25-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
They call it a warranty for a reason. Plus, Verizon will just replace them for free if you haven't dropped or sunk it.
What good is a warranty when you're still left paying $280..??
Old 06-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
They call it a warranty for a reason. Plus, Verizon will just replace them for free if you haven't dropped or sunk it.
Same with Sprint.
They did try to make me pay the deductible once when the charging port came off the motherboard on my TP. I argued and took it to the manager of the store. Not the guy who calls himself the manager.
LOL...
I paid nothing.
Refurb came in two days later.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dead