PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 now imagio until the next one
Carrier: verizon

moc426 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hardware keyboard stops working

I had the hardware keyboard stop functioning twice since yesterday. I soft reset and it works again. I only installed 2 things in past 2 or 3 days, cookie home tab and last night Google voice easy sms 2.0. I think it has been happening since google voice easy sms has been installed. So I am leaning towards that.

I am not able to reproduce it and it has happened twice. Anyone else have a similar issue? I suspect something with cookie home tab, perhaps with the CHT screen locker or this google voice easy sms.

I am on MightyROM official. verizon tp2.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Hardware keyboard stops working

I'm on Mr. X 2.5 w/ CHT and never had an issue, but don't use Google voice easy sms. If it's happened since the google cab was loaded, try uninstalling and seeing how it works without it. Give it a few days without it, since it happened 2x since yesterday. If it stops, that's the problem, if not, do a HR and see if it happens barebones, then add CHT and let it run for a few days. Doesn't sound like it's hardware if a SR fixes it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yah I ended up doing that, I removed the google easy sms for now to see if it happens again, keyboard stopped working a 3rd time so I removed it. I am pretty sure its from that but will see if it happens again.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I'm on Mr. X 2.5 w/ CHT and never had an issue, but don't use Google voice easy sms. If it's happened since the google cab was loaded, try uninstalling and seeing how it works without it. Give it a few days without it, since it happened 2x since yesterday. If it stops, that's the problem, if not, do a HR and see if it happens barebones, then add CHT and let it run for a few days. Doesn't sound like it's hardware if a SR fixes it.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I don't have Google Voice SMS but I have had this happen here and there since owning the phone, a soft reset fixes it, I have had it happen a hand full of times.

Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I've had this happen too, and I wasn't using CHT or Google Voice so my guess is that its just a random phone issue...

Old 06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This happens to me too, and as the OP said, a soft reset fixes it. Hopefully someone can figure out the cause and a fix, as it's a pain to be in the middle of an SMS conversation and all of a sudden have to revert to the onscreen keyboard until I have time to reboot.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

geekocd is a n00b

I had this start happening to me, traced it to cookie's home tab lock screen. I disabled the lock & never had it happen again (it had started happening with regularity, maybe 1x every 1-2 days).
Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So far since removing the google easy sms, I haven't had the issue come up again, I will give it more time to see if it happens again but it seems to be running normal now. CHT and CHT lockscreen are still in use.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok haven't seen it happen at all since removing google easy sms, so that was the problem for me.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

sonicr64126 is a n00b

I've confirmed, there is DEFINITELY an issue with GV SMS and the hard keyboard on the TP2. I've been using GV SMS since the first day it was available for download on freewareppc (version .9 I think) on my Sprint TP2 and never had an issue. I recently upgraded to version 2.0 (great software by the way), and that's when I started losing my keyboard. I tried Mighty Rom and the latest Sprint OEM rom, and now I'm using Sprint Lover's rom, hard resets and all, makes no difference. They keyboard eventually stops working as long as GV SMS 2.0 is running. I narrowed the problem down though. If I select "use only to send messages" in GV SMS settings, soft reset the phone, the keyboard continues to work fine. It seems to be related to the portion of the program that receives SMS messages.Don't know how, but my results are consistent. I'm a WM business power user, but not a WM developer by any means. If any of you can figure out the problem and fix it before I buy a new phone (probably won't be this year, I love my TP2), $100 donation from me for that person's efforts. Please PM me if you figure it out with the solution, and once I confirm it works, I will send you $100 via Paypal. Let's call it the GV SMS X-prize! Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2