View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:54 PM
sonicr64126
Lurker

sonicr64126 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hardware keyboard stops working

I've confirmed, there is DEFINITELY an issue with GV SMS and the hard keyboard on the TP2. I've been using GV SMS since the first day it was available for download on freewareppc (version .9 I think) on my Sprint TP2 and never had an issue. I recently upgraded to version 2.0 (great software by the way), and that's when I started losing my keyboard. I tried Mighty Rom and the latest Sprint OEM rom, and now I'm using Sprint Lover's rom, hard resets and all, makes no difference. They keyboard eventually stops working as long as GV SMS 2.0 is running. I narrowed the problem down though. If I select "use only to send messages" in GV SMS settings, soft reset the phone, the keyboard continues to work fine. It seems to be related to the portion of the program that receives SMS messages.Don't know how, but my results are consistent. I'm a WM business power user, but not a WM developer by any means. If any of you can figure out the problem and fix it before I buy a new phone (probably won't be this year, I love my TP2), $100 donation from me for that person's efforts. Please PM me if you figure it out with the solution, and once I confirm it works, I will send you $100 via Paypal. Let's call it the GV SMS X-prize! Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.