PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 [s2u2, Leo Slider, Enh D3D Driver]
Carrier: Sprint

Crimson Knight is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Sprint TP2 won't provision after flashing with Mighty ROM

Hello all, this thread has to do with Provisioning problems on the Mighty ROM SE and 050110 editions on a Sprint Touch Pro 2.

I have been using Mighty's ROMs since 3rd Quarter '09 without any major issues. In March Sprint (finaly) released their 6.5 ROM which I flashed to give it a try. It was good but I miss my MightyROM so I flashed back today to the MightyROM SE (Special Edition).

I immediately tried to provision after the reboot but after "commit" got an message stating that the Previous Version of MightyRom Sprint will be removed before the new one is installed... Fine I said OK. Then I get a message that states the Previous version cannot be removed do I want to continue? If I say no then it cancels the install.

If I say yes it completes the install but displays another message stating ".. program you installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of windows software.." I soft reset.

Outlook e-mail and yahoo mail will sync fine. Internet works fine and so does SMS. Phone calls come in ok too.

While setting up the phone with all my settings I have noticed two problems. I have no idea if they are related or not. Maybe you guys can shine some light...?

First, after the soft reset and even a battery removal, I open the provisioning app again and it still shows "Telus" to be the selected carrier. I went through the above provisioning steps 5 or 6 times and same result.

Another problem is my facebook link within contacts will not connect. It says "error during connection" when I enter my login and password.

Additionally I have flashed with the Standard 050110 MightyRom instead of the SE version to see if that made any difference and it didn't. I'm still getting the exact same situation stated above. I have flashed to probably 10 or 15 different ROM's since I got this phone and never had these problems before.

I did try doing some searches on google and on this forum to see if the similar problem has been stated by anyone else. Unless they used some strange wording that I couldn't guess, I haven't found anything.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Sprint TP2 won't provision after flashing with Mighty ROM

It always defaults back to the first option which is telus, do not worry about it. With your facebook contacts i'm not sure what to say. As long as your internet works fine you should be able to sync them.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

All of the new MightyROMs have Auto-provisioning built in. As soon as your phone firsts boots, it is already provisioned to your carrier. That's why it syas "The previous version must be uninstalled..." You don't need to run any carrier provisioning. The only reason it's there is for the few ppl that the auto-prov wasn't working for.

As far as the Carrier Provisioning application showing Telus, that is NOT what is currently provisioned. The Telus control is set to be the default control on the screen and will ALWAYS be selected when you first open the application. You can't tell what was provisioned by going into the app.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 [s2u2, Leo Slider, Enh D3D Driver]
Threadstarter

Crimson Knight is a n00b

Ahh, ok. That explains the provisioning issue. That's handy! I'm glad that was added into the new ROMs.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
Ahh, ok. That explains the provisioning issue. That's handy! I'm glad that was added into the new ROMs.
Yeah it's pretty awesome! I found out the exact same way you did too... Lol!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ HTC EVO Supersonic
Carrier: Boost CDMA/ Sprint 3g&4g Now Network

kevo3000 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to kevo3000

Same thing happened to me..... does anybody know what the fix is... what,are the steps to proceed to get the facebook app and status tab working...... do we have to hard reset or is there another teick that can be applied.... dont leave us hanging i need my facebook lol.....
Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

whizzer is a n00b

This is my first post so be nice. I bought a TP2 on Craigslist after having good luck with WM6.1 on various devices. I'm no geek, but I've tweaked a little.

I found the TP2 had been flashed to MightyROM and simply will NOT provision to Sprint, even after an hour with Sprint Tech Support. No internet connectivity at all. I tried the provisioning screen but no joy.

Phone will make and receive calls and SMS. I have 6 SERO lines and this is one of them, if that matters.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Stan
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer View Post
This is my first post so be nice. I bought a TP2 on Craigslist after having good luck with WM6.1 on various devices. I'm no geek, but I've tweaked a little.

I found the TP2 had been flashed to MightyROM and simply will NOT provision to Sprint, even after an hour with Sprint Tech Support. No internet connectivity at all. I tried the provisioning screen but no joy.

Phone will make and receive calls and SMS. I have 6 SERO lines and this is one of them, if that matters.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Stan
go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1

and flash the stock sprint 6.1 ROM. hard reset after flashing and see if it works.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

whizzer is a n00b

Thanks nrfitchett!

There are 2 Sprint Roms on that page:
1) how do I know which one to use?
2) can you or someone provide a link to a flashing tutorial thread that isn't above my head?

I don't want to brick this device in my gleeful ignorance. I sense "pitfalls a plenty" here....

In the meantime I'll search this AMAZINGLY active board. What a resource!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer View Post
Thanks nrfitchett!

There are 2 Sprint Roms on that page:
1) how do I know which one to use?
2) can you or someone provide a link to a flashing tutorial thread that isn't above my head?

I don't want to brick this device in my gleeful ignorance. I sense "pitfalls a plenty" here....

In the meantime I'll search this AMAZINGLY active board. What a resource!
WM 6.1

RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_S PCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship.exe

WM 6.5

RUU_Rhodium_W_WM65_Sprint_WWE_2.04.651.4_RS_2.32WF _NV_SPCS_2.20_0224_PRL60660_Ship.exe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
error, facebook, mightyrom, provision, sprint