View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Crimson Knight
Lurker

Crimson Knight is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Sprint TP2 won't provision after flashing with Mighty ROM

Hello all, this thread has to do with Provisioning problems on the Mighty ROM SE and 050110 editions on a Sprint Touch Pro 2.

I have been using Mighty's ROMs since 3rd Quarter '09 without any major issues. In March Sprint (finaly) released their 6.5 ROM which I flashed to give it a try. It was good but I miss my MightyROM so I flashed back today to the MightyROM SE (Special Edition).

I immediately tried to provision after the reboot but after "commit" got an message stating that the Previous Version of MightyRom Sprint will be removed before the new one is installed... Fine I said OK. Then I get a message that states the Previous version cannot be removed do I want to continue? If I say no then it cancels the install.

If I say yes it completes the install but displays another message stating ".. program you installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of windows software.." I soft reset.

Outlook e-mail and yahoo mail will sync fine. Internet works fine and so does SMS. Phone calls come in ok too.

While setting up the phone with all my settings I have noticed two problems. I have no idea if they are related or not. Maybe you guys can shine some light...?

First, after the soft reset and even a battery removal, I open the provisioning app again and it still shows "Telus" to be the selected carrier. I went through the above provisioning steps 5 or 6 times and same result.

Another problem is my facebook link within contacts will not connect. It says "error during connection" when I enter my login and password.

Additionally I have flashed with the Standard 050110 MightyRom instead of the SE version to see if that made any difference and it didn't. I'm still getting the exact same situation stated above. I have flashed to probably 10 or 15 different ROM's since I got this phone and never had these problems before.

I did try doing some searches on google and on this forum to see if the similar problem has been stated by anyone else. Unless they used some strange wording that I couldn't guess, I haven't found anything.

Any thoughts?