PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

whizzer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need a little more info on Flashing TP2 back to Sprint 6.1 shipped ROM

OK.

But I haven't clue one, what to do with the file. I need a tutorial or a link to a thread on how to flash back to Sprint 6.1 (or 6.5) OEM. I know it can be risky, or at least that's what I've read. Even the best local Sprint Store I know of, said no can do. The phone will make and receive voice calls and SMS. Just no web.

Last night the tech support call took me through steps that I would call a "hard reset" which took me back to whatever version of MightyROM I have.

I don't have a regedit program (for this phone), but I AM aware of them on my Q9C's. I have use them VERY minimally and am real comfortable with the process.

If I could get web access with Sprint through MightyROM, I wouldn't flash back, but 2 different people have advised a Sprint OEM ROM flash to shipped spec.

Thanks!
Stan
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Sprint TP2 won't provision after flashing with Mighty ROM

go here http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/
and under "software upgrade" there is a link "more", click on that. it tells you how to flash a rom. then download it and flash it.

basically, you install Microsoft Activesync (for xp) or Windows Mobile Device Center (for vista or 7), then all you do is connect the phone to the computer, choose activesync on the menu that pops up on the phone, then open the rom you downloaded. then click through the prompts.

Last edited by razorloves; 06-09-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Lurker

whizzer is a n00b

<snip>basically, you install Microsoft Activesync (for xp) or Windows Mobile Device Center (for vista or 7), then all you do is connect the phone to the computer, choose activesync on the menu that pops up on the phone, then open the rom you downloaded. then click through the prompts.<snip>

Now THAT'S the ticket! Thanks!

I put active sync on my pc a while ago and am connected, but I didn't let it "sync" with the TP2. I can still access the internals, and the expansion card. Hopefully that is enough. I dislike the hands-off "scripted" nature of activsync. I'd prefer to manually move pim.vol from the old Mogul myself. Are there any other files that I ought to move?

Stan
Old 06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzer View Post
<snip>basically, you install Microsoft Activesync (for xp) or Windows Mobile Device Center (for vista or 7), then all you do is connect the phone to the computer, choose activesync on the menu that pops up on the phone, then open the rom you downloaded. then click through the prompts.<snip>

Now THAT'S the ticket! Thanks!

I put active sync on my pc a while ago and am connected, but I didn't let it "sync" with the TP2. I can still access the internals, and the expansion card. Hopefully that is enough. I dislike the hands-off "scripted" nature of activsync. I'd prefer to manually move pim.vol from the old Mogul myself. Are there any other files that I ought to move?

Stan
moving pim.vol from mogul to tp2 is probably not a good idea. i would backup your contacts and pim data using another method. so, as long as you have everything saved, go ahead with it. as long as the activesync says "CONNECTED", you're ready to flash.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Lurker

whizzer is a n00b

<snip> moving pim.vol from mogul to tp2 is probably not a good idea <snip>

I wondered.... Different phone, different hardware, different OS. I've ALWAYS done that with identical devices. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll probably let the old phone sync to a different PC...one that my wife uses anyhow...and re-sync to the new device from that PC. It will cause me less grief to undo any sync settings. It's her phone.

Stan
Old 06-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Lurker

whizzer is a n00b

Got it! Downloaded the 183 Meg (!) file which turned out to be an executable. Once the activsync connection was made, the file worked like magic.

Thank you for your help!

Stan
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
error, facebook, mightyrom, provision, sprint