PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

would going to an older oc version help solve my DispOn error?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
would going to an older oc version help solve my DispOn error?
While I am not 100%, I am sure you could try it and see (It would not hurt).

I personally am using the 4.2 version and I have yet to experience even one issue with it. It runs SO smooth that I could not ask for anything more.

However, I am still working on getting some of the massive boosts some of us are getting (I am running 100% stable at 710 right now)

I am just slowing working my way up (I usually jump to the next level once a day. I like to give it a full day before I jump up so it can get use to the new settings.....not sure if it really helps, but it seems to be working so far)
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 08-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

What is everyone's settings for the new Overclock Tool?

Also I am not sure what OCT_BKL does, can't seem to run it.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
What is everyone's settings for the new Overclock Tool?

Also I am not sure what OCT_BKL does, can't seem to run it.
these are my settings. i have oct_run in startup folder

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
right.. thats what im saying.. im more than proficent around the site, and I thought it was a tough read.. and its not like were not used to cluttered or scattered or threads 1500 pages long.. but for some reason, this one just stands out right now as one of the tougher "walk-throughs" to follow... because its not written up to be an actual "walk through" yet..
I think that's because alot of the walkthroughs and such are written over at XDA, I was really confused at first, but once I followed links to XDA, it made 1000% more sense.

Now that I'm caught up for the most part, I kinda prefer the way this thread is, because here, we can actually discuss ways of enhancing the setup.

All though it would definitely be nice though if someone who was proficient started a new thread and kept it updated in the first post for sure.

I would do it, but I'm not 100% caught up, not sure what max was talking about doing seperate scripts, it was my understanding that everything had been cabbed at this point. And now there is a new app all ready I haen't even tried, that may make this whole thread obsolete.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
All though it would definitely be nice though if someone who was proficient started a new thread and kept it updated in the first post for sure.
I think you are looking for this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661

Old 08-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
I think you are looking for this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661
Well, I'm not looking for one, but I don't think that thread is what people are looking for. That's just links back to this thread where the files are.

What we need is a thread that says:

There a several way to OC, they are...

Using "this program" and "that" program you do "this", for each of the different methods.

Then a section that explains what the settings do and how to set them.

Then a FAQ with things like if Msm7kcpuspeed crashes, that's becuase it needs to be completely closed and not left running, blah blah blah

Or, only use msm7kcpuspeed to read your current speed and not to adjust, blah blah blah

Again, I would do it, but I'm only 80% right now and I don't even understand the technical aspect, we need someone that nows exactly whats going on, but then again this new prog may make all that obsolete.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Well I tried iwfratz app . Not happy with it at all . Maybe it was just my lone experience , but I got several SODs after calls and freezing . Plus I can't get it to uninstall . So I switched back to NetRippers & SetCpuSpeed.10d . Everything is fixed now .

Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Well I tried iwfratz app . Not happy with it at all . Maybe it was just my lone experience , but I got several SODs after calls and freezing . Plus I can't get it to uninstall . So I switched back to NetRippers & SetCpuSpeed.10d . Everything is fixed now .
I'm glad you posted, was about to try it, I think I had read somewhere that iwfratz prog was for GSM....
Old 08-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
I'm glad you posted, was about to try it, I think I had read somewhere that iwfratz prog was for GSM....
its works fine on my stock sprint 6.5 (cdma) with no freezing or SOD

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2