PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS on TP2 compared to TP

Was thinking about upgrading from TP,but was just wondering if the GPS problems on TP also carried over to TP2.

Those of you that previouslyown TP know the GPS problemsI am talking about (primarily the reported position lagged behind the actual position by several dozen yards as well as slow updating of position and losing satellite lock). MuCh appreciate any comment on this issue. I am tempted to just get one to try and probably end up returning it since I have a feeling that all the GPS issues in TP probably carry over since the Qualcomm chip is the same. Looks to me also like TP2 is just like a TP with bigger screen
Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: GPS on TP2 compared to TP

I run IGO and Ndrive oN my TP2 with barely any lag (1-2 SEC), and that is the same with my original TP...I am aware of GPS prob, but never had any terrible lag...And let me ae assure you man, the difference between the TP AND TP2 is huge...looking back at the Mogul (QVGA) , the screen was awful, and looking back at the TP now, that thang doesnt look as sharp as it first was....you will be pleasantly surprised..

Last edited by HBOOT; 04-04-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Yea I use TomTom and it was unusable on this device until I got the fixed version of TomTom from Strra. now I get about a 2 second lag and its not bad at all. You will be happy with a TP2 because it seems to be everything the TP wasnt. Still runnin my original TP2 from sept and no problems yet!

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 04-04-2010, 09:05 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

there are many a way to fix the gps lagging problem. with that said, and please dont flame me for it, but, dont buy a tp2 now. 8 months ago was a good time, but now, the only good deal on a tp2 would be a free one. it is the last of the old era of ppc. im not gonna get in to phone comparisons, but everything coming out right now or scheduled to come out have waayyyy more badass specs.better processors, more rom and ram. tighter screens that are amoled and capacitive. getting in tio a 2 year contract now on the almost year old tp2 is not the way to go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
I am aware of GPS prob, but never had any terrible lag...And let me ae assure you man, the difference between the TP AND TP2 is huge...looking back at the Mogul (QVGA) , the screen was awful, and looking back at the TP now, that thang doesnt look as sharp as it first was....you will be pleasantly surprised..
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
Yea I use TomTom and it was unusable on this device until I got the fixed version of TomTom from Strra. now I get about a 2 second lag and its not bad at all
Good to know the lag is not real bad but I guess I havea suspicion that it's not completely fixed and still nowhere as good as gps in the mogul. Guess I could buy one and test it out to see how bad the lag is. maybe with the later batch of chips the problem is fixed compared to earlier ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
but everything coming out right now or scheduled to come out have waayyyy more badass specs.better processors, more rom and ram. tighter screens that are amoled and capacitive. getting in tio a 2 year contract now on the almost year old tp2 is not the way to go.
i was considering TP2 because I heard the newer upcoming stuffs are win7 with reportedly alot of Win7 nonsenses like no multitask,no cut'and paste, tight control of 3rd party apps. And I hate to have to switch to android since I have alot of stuffs which are winmobile only

I like more powerful cpu, more ram better screen, etc, but not at the cost of losing flexibility and what I can do with my phone

Last edited by wildpig; 04-04-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Yep, GPS is still the same as old TP. Still not as good as a stand alone GPS, but pretty handy. Still off by a few seconds while driving full speed. But, it is pretty accurate.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

The GPS function on my TP did not lag at all; it does on my TP2.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never had issues or lag with my touch pro or now with my touch pro 2 (Sprint). I use tomtom v7.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

pray4urlife is a n00b

how are you using tomtom v7 on tp2 from sprint? how did you get the maps to work?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

doyama is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
Yea I use TomTom and it was unusable on this device until I got the fixed version of TomTom from Strra. now I get about a 2 second lag and its not bad at all. You will be happy with a TP2 because it seems to be everything the TP wasnt. Still runnin my original TP2 from sept and no problems yet!
Hi, I'm trying to get TomTom to work on the Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2. Where did you obtain this 'fixed' version of the TomTom from?

Also, has anyone tried using the GPS ModDriver? I installed it, but I can't seem to configure the GPS to use COM3 instead of COM4.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2