PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MightyRomLOVE?

Hey guys, did mightymike stop working on MightyRom LOVE? Without mighty in the game of 6.5.3, the only big player left is energy, and his roms drain battery quite quickly. I liked mighty's blank slate policy, and i was really hoping he would continue them. Does anybody know if he stopped or not? Because i cant find the thread anymore
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 04-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work
Re: MightyRomLOVE?

Check out his new Sense UI ROM in the forums. You will not be disappointed trust me, and if you are then there are plenty of other ROMs available for you to choose. Since the release of the new Sense UI ROM I think he may have put his project ROMs on the back burner for now.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
Hey guys, did mightymike stop working on MightyRom LOVE? Without mighty in the game of 6.5.3, the only big player left is energy, and his roms drain battery quite quickly. I liked mighty's blank slate policy, and i was really hoping he would continue them. Does anybody know if he stopped or not? Because i cant find the thread anymore
Thanks!
You should 'get into the game' . I've never understood the desire to use a ROM someone else made. Why not put what you want to in it? There's lots of good kitchens here and people to help. People seem to think 'chefs' do magic, but really they just take packages that other people make/leak/etc. and click some buttons using tools other people developed.

The people who make things worthwhile are the developers IMO. This post by NRG sums it up nicely. I'm sure you could learn how to make a ROM you enjoy with a little bit of effort if you're willing.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You should 'get into the game' . I've never understood the desire to use a ROM someone else made. Why not put what you want to in it? There's lots of good kitchens here and people to help. People seem to think 'chefs' do magic, but really they just take packages that other people make/leak/etc. and click some buttons using tools other people developed.

The people who make things worthwhile are the developers IMO. This post by NRG sums it up nicely. I'm sure you could learn how to make a ROM you enjoy with a little bit of effort if you're willing.
To be honest, I have tried cooking and while I am able to put everything I want into the ROM, it just takes more of my time and when I end up with bugs or issues I have to go back to the kitchen to fix things. I like Mike's policy of a clean slate ROM that is optimized very nicely and with the bugs worked out, it saves me the trouble. I spend enough time messing with my phone, I don't need to spend any more. Finding a ROM I like is quick and easy and I can throw a quick donation and thanks to the chef if its worth it. Just my 2 cents.

You can find 'LOVE' here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/50jwg3

I searched and searched and finally asked in the new MM thread if Mike could post a link to LOVE and another user posted it for me. Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have to agree with Mlin, theres just too many things that can go wrong, and i honestly dont have the time to fix them. thats why i prefer roms made by other chefs.

@mLin, didnt mightyrom Love 2.24 have an activesnyc problem?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

He usually gives it quite a bit of time between updates on the project ROMs.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have good and bad news, first the bad news. Yes he did stop working on Love. I was a fan also. but the good news is that once he has taken a well needed rest he will Bring Impact back which is 6.5.5. you should check out the official MR (war) it is super fast and smooth w/ very few if any problems.

Oh an there are no more Mighty Rom Project Roms. War is the official Might Rom now, and Impact will be back under a different name soon.

Last edited by bdurst08; 04-02-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mike stopped working on Love because he tracks all downloads and a very small percentage of us were using it. I switched to Impact and turned off Manila. Same 6.5.5 goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
Oh an there are no more Mighty Rom Project Roms. War is the official Might Rom now, and Impact will be back under a different name soon.
The link to download the 2/24 Impact ROM has returned to the MightyROM site:

http://www.mightyrom.com/mightyrom/t...ro-2-projects/
Old 04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i agree that cooking your own ROMs can be a pain. But i found that if i just stick to the basics in the kitchen, it works very well and very painlessly. I tried to add all my own xml's to the ROM and always had problems. I've decided that having a very bare bones 6.5.3 is the way to go. I prefer having all my programs on the storage card anyways.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2