PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarterbeerz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please reccomend a ROM

I am currently running the stock Sprint 6.5 rom. I'm thinking to flashing one of the custom roms but I am really confused on what to try. I plan on running spb mobile shell so I don't need any of the sense/manila stuff on there. What rom should I try next and what are the steps to flasing it. Does my phone need to be unlocked for the custom roms? What if I decide to go back?

Anyy suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP
Re: Please reccomend a ROM

Yes, you will need to unlock your phone....whichever rom you decide to go with, the chef typically has instructions on flashing and unlocking on the first page.

I suggest (and have tried) MightyROM, Fusion, Xpressyourcell or Mr.X....You will have to review all the roms you're interested in and see which one fits your requirements. Also, the folks in each of those threads are extremely helpful if you should run into problems or have any questions regarding the roms.

Hope this helps....

EDIT: Check this link for a review of the some of the more popular roms...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114078

Oh yeah, you can always go back to stock and relock your phone.

Last edited by willyjay; 03-31-2010 at 09:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

flash and try then thats the only way to find out what fits you.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

this section is for roms only post in the general section next time.. i recommend mightyrom

Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
flash and try then thats the only way to find out what fits you.
+1
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forums.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

quarterbeerz is a n00b

I guess the locking and unlocking is what makes me nervous. I don't want to brick my phone. This is pretty strait forward stuff?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

All the lastest cooked roms are better than the stock as thry implement any upgraded files.
Try to get latest BUILD , whether its a 23xxx rom or a 21xxx rom.
Best this to do is LOOK At the PICs!
Then choose based on what you like
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterbeerz View Post
I guess the locking and unlocking is what makes me nervous. I don't want to brick my phone. This is pretty strait forward stuff?
Unlocking is very easy, check the sticky. It is explained clearly.

As for a ROM, it really amounts to preference. I have used almost all of them but spent a lot of time on Energy and Mighty ROMS. I have been using Mr. X for a while now and if you are looking for speed, smooth interface and reliability, Mr. X seems to be the best (In my opinion).
Old 03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterbeerz View Post
Yes, it's very straight forward....just make sure you read the unlocking thread (1st page or so) here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

And like I said, the first page of any rom has instructions....just make sure you have windows mobile device center or active sync opened and have a connection, then is pretty much click and follow instructions on computer and phone....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2