PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: batteryt life on sprint 6.5 horrible

Things that drain battery:
Flashing rom
installing programs
wifi or data streaming
radioand cooked rom combination
some custom roms
weak signal area for EVDO or 1X to stay connected.
Ladies talking girl talk on a geek phone ha
Dudes gettin chewed out, over da phone, by their ball-in-chains for spendin too much time moddin their phones haha...
Old 03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Another factor is, this ROM might have had another PRL in it... anything >= 60660 depending on your area is a pure battery killer!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Another factor is, this ROM might have had another PRL in it... anything >= 60660 depending on your area is a pure battery killer!

WTF?!?!

Since when does the PRL have ANYTHING what so ever to do with draining your battery??? Please do not mislead others with comments like this. PRL determines 'priority order' . Without this it cannot roam. So in short, without a PRL, the phone will make attempts to roam which will cause drain, meaning, without it, it will search for signals, which causes drainage. So in fact, it is quite the opposite!

This comment implies that PRL causes drain...NO IT DOES NOT!

Give some

Last edited by OR78; 03-21-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC - Touch

mrchris1234 is a n00b

All I know is that I have been using the extended 2100mah HTC battery that Verizon stocks (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...hetypeId=11545) and immediately prior to the update I could go two full days and still be over 10% battery remaining with moderate use.

Since updating to 6.5 and with the same extended battery it's no where close. Today I removed it from the charger with 100% charge at 8:40 this morning. Not one single phone call and received 3 text messages and sent one text and by 2:00pm was down to 10%. That is HORRIBLE in my book. The only app I have installed over bone stock is call-calendar which I also used under 6.1. After updating to 6.5 I did a hard reset before getting things back to normal. Very frustrating.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
WTF?!?!

Since when does the PRL have ANYTHING what so ever to do with draining your battery??? Please do not mislead others with comments like this. PRL determines 'priority order' . Without this it cannot roam. So in short, without a PRL, the phone will make attempts to roam which will cause drain, meaning, without it, it will search for signals, which causes drainage. So in fact, it is quite the opposite!

This comment implies that PRL causes drain...NO IT DOES NOT!
I suggest you read http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95986 and especially digiblur's posts with actual facts. Some good reading.

I can confirm that the latest PRL is an animal, the last 2 have been junk.

Reason for the battery drain is the scanning of channels. They started this in 60660. I downgraded because of it and my problems have been solved. I have not tried yet with the newest radio.

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-21-2010 at 08:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Reason for the battery drain is the scanning of channels..

Precise quote here, I removed the rest to make a point. Scanning of channels is done by your Radio not the PRL. The updated radio may be a cause but not the PRL. By using a lesser version, you actually my cause your phone to roam less but keep in mind that this is a placebo effect until the network updates all tower lists. Without PRL your phone WILL ROAM!!! When a radio roams, it causes drainage!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Precise quote here, I removed the rest to make a point. Scanning of channels is done by your Radio not the PRL. The updated radio may be a cause but not the PRL. By using a lesser version, you actually my cause your phone to roam less but keep in mind that this is a placebo effect until the network updates all tower lists. Without PRL your phone WILL ROAM!!! When a radio roams, it causes drainage!
Slightly OT, but it seems that the new Sprint 6.5 ROM allows the battery to charge faster than 6.1. Am I imagining this?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul 6800

ashoush is a n00b

Another thing I found was that I turned off the Follow-me and the battery was draining less. Although it is a cool function to have the latest weather for whereever i am it is always using the GPS to figure out where I am .
Old 03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

i disagree i'm a very heavy user.. because i work at night so not only do i use it during they day but also during the night.. isee no difference at all
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I did notice a change with the new rom/radio, as it is pulling in stronger signal in my basement (full bars compared to half) and for battery life it is at 70% where before I would be at 80% so it seems to be slightly less but I am happy with the better signal strength anyways.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2