PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Shabaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Search for the best hard silicone/rubber , plastic , or skin case...

Still deciding on which case to get but I'm kinda confused about the cases that are "supposedly" made for sprint. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the proximity sensor for the sprint TP2 were on the top left of the phone, just above the C on the HTC logo. However, on a lot of the pictures I see for sprint cases, I see a hole on the top right. I want to try out a cheap case before I get a nice one like #1, but almost all the cheap cases I've seen have the hole on the top right. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (25.2 KB, 50 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabaz View Post
but almost all the cheap cases I've seen have the hole on the top right. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.
those are GSM cases.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G & HTC Touch Pro 2

DeMoNFLiP is a n00b

i bought a body glove on amazon about 2 months ago and i loved it. it was very durable but a little bulky once you put it on. but recently i damaged one of the tabs that grips onto the phone so i had it replaced with a innocase that i bought on amazon a few days ago and i think this case is way better than the body glove. the case looks thin but its durable. it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone like the body glove does. both products are good and i would recommend those cases to anyone who owns a TP2 but once you damage those tabs that grips onto the phone then you pretty much ruin the case for good.

Last edited by DeMoNFLiP; 03-27-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

itbmd is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to itbmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabaz View Post
Still deciding on which case to get but I'm kinda confused about the cases that are "supposedly" made for sprint. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the proximity sensor for the sprint TP2 were on the top left of the phone, just above the C on the HTC logo. However, on a lot of the pictures I see for sprint cases, I see a hole on the top right. I want to try out a cheap case before I get a nice one like #1, but almost all the cheap cases I've seen have the hole on the top right. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know.
You're absolutely right Shabaz, it is on the left for Sprint. The first I bought was a "modified" rubberized black case for $10. The premium was for the hole for the proximity sensor being on the left. Actually it had two holes, one on the left, and the original on the right. It looked kinda stupid, but I wasn't complaining for $10. After my snaps broke on the one after 3 months, I was in search of a new case. My friend had the carbon fiber, and I absolutely loved it. Also, it was cheaper to boot; $6. Check out my post # 20 for the info. HTH.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Lurker

Shabaz is a n00b

Finally decided to go with #2 in grey. I guess we'll see if it really takes 3 weeks to arrive (I really hope not, lol). #1 seemed a little to bulky for my taste. I wish they made some nice hard cases with cool designs for guys. I found a few nice cases with team logos, but everything else was either pink, purple, or had flowers or something, lol. But I have a feeling I'll like this one.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

walter17 is just getting started

Has anybody found a silicone/rubber/plastic case that will fit on the extended battery cover?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoNFLiP View Post
i bought a body glove on amazon about 2 months ago and i loved it. it was very durable but a little bulky once you put it on. but recently i damaged one of the tabs that grips onto the phone so i had it replaced with a innocase that i bought on amazon a few days ago and i think this case is way better than the body glove. the case looks thin but its durable. it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone like the body glove does. both products are good and i would recommend those cases to anyone who owns a TP2 but once you damage those tabs that grips onto the phone then you pretty much ruin the case for good.
Yep that is very true! I bout one last Wednesday ..... broke two tabs by Sunday. Smfh
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

get a body glove, but do like i do and carry a bic pen with the cap. use the cap of the pen to pry the taps from the phone; no scratches and no broken tabs!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

how does boxwave compare to the ebay silicon one? they look exactly the same and identical

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G

jeiyuu is keeping up the good workjeiyuu is keeping up the good work

where was this thread last week!? after reading a bunch of reviews on my own, i ended up going for the seido innocase on amazon.. i never really liked the gel-like feel for the soft rubber cases. i'll post my findings once the case arrives.. i really hope the tab problem is not as bad as many claim.

If I helped you in any way, be sure to say

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2