PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So why do I feel like I bought the last of the Mohicans

Let me start out by saying, I absolutely love my Touch Pro 2. I do, its my favorite device to date. Ive owned a few smart phones in my time, a few feature phones. Ranging from Moto Q/Q9c, ATT Tilt, Mogul, Touch Pro, iPhone 2g, iPhone 3g, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry World Edition, Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Curve 2. Ive run through the gambit. I'm happy to say that my Touch Pro 2 is my favorite so far.

But here's my qualm. I bought this sweet phone thinking there was going to be some sort of upgrade ability. I know realistically that would never happen, but I had to hope right?

It seems as though all of the phones that started releasing after my beloved TP2, are all FAR superior. Not just a little bit better, but insurmountably better. Between capacitive touch screens, bigger screen sizes, faster processors, more ram, graphics chips that are being developed for phones. The Touch Pro 2 seems like the last of its kind. That's very disappointing to me in the fact that a lot of people spent a good amount of money on this thing only to be laughed at later when much much better phones are being developed just weeks later.

Maybe I'm jaded; maybe I'm just a little disappointed in the fact that I have such a sweet phone, which in comparison to all of the newer phones that are coming out just months later isn't all that sweet.

What does everyone think? I know some of you are switching devices when new phones come out, but did we get screwed by an underpowered device?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Re: So why do I feel like I bought the last of the Mohicans

HTC NEEDS to make Windows 7 able to be downloaded and ran on the TP2 after MANY of us spent $600+ on them.

I have bought the 6700, 6800, Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 ALL FOR FULL RETAIL.
Add up that amount and I'm above $2,000.
If HTC doesn't make WM7 a download option for my Sprint TP2,
I will NEVER give HTC any more of my money.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

WOW, why do I feel the same way Skuddy, lol!!! Seriously, I recognized the TP2 as such (Last Mohican) and would never have bought it if Asurion hadn't offered it to me.

It's a great phone.....but as I sit here and type, the world of WinMo is crumbling around me. I know there are WinMo enthusiast here that would vehemently disagree with me, but I've been through this phenomena before with PalmOS, and I know what these conditions look like because I've seen them before.

You have WinMo7 far off into the distant hither-yonders with talks of Late 2010/early 2011......2011!!!????

You have Iphone 4G about to drop. You have Android beasting it's way along on all 4 major wireless carriers, with Android 3 in the wings. You have Blackberry OS 5, with talks of 6 being worked on now....

So yeah, as awesome as the TP2 is...and it IS awesome...it is almost retired, now I said almost, because it is the best of it's last generation.

Now, that being said, to the average consumer, shit, my Touch Pro still drew ooh's and Ahh's, and my TP2 so far is amazing, so, for show off purposes, it does just fine...just so long as I know what's up, lol!

Last edited by Journeyjeans; 02-03-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
HTC NEEDS to make Windows 7 able to be downloaded and ran on the TP2 after MANY of us spent $600+ on them.

I have bought the 6700, 6800, Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 ALL FOR FULL RETAIL.
Add up that amount and I'm above $2,000.
If HTC doesn't make WM7 a download option for my Sprint TP2,
I will NEVER give HTC any more of my money.
Yes you will lol. We all do. They still make the best phones. If you came all the way up from the 6700, you have told yourself the same thing everytime, right before you upgraded. heh =]
Old 02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
Let me start out by saying, I absolutely love my Touch Pro 2. I do, its my favorite device to date. Ive owned a few smart phones in my time, a few feature phones. Ranging from Moto Q/Q9c, ATT Tilt, Mogul, Touch Pro, iPhone 2g, iPhone 3g, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry World Edition, Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Curve 2. Ive run through the gambit. I'm happy to say that my Touch Pro 2 is my favorite so far.

But here's my qualm. I bought this sweet phone thinking there was going to be some sort of upgrade ability. I know realistically that would never happen, but I had to hope right?

It seems as though all of the phones that started releasing after my beloved TP2, are all FAR superior. Not just a little bit better, but insurmountably better. Between capacitive touch screens, bigger screen sizes, faster processors, more ram, graphics chips that are being developed for phones. The Touch Pro 2 seems like the last of its kind. That's very disappointing to me in the fact that a lot of people spent a good amount of money on this thing only to be laughed at later when much much better phones are being developed just weeks later.

Maybe I'm jaded; maybe I'm just a little disappointed in the fact that I have such a sweet phone, which in comparison to all of the newer phones that are coming out just months later isn't all that sweet.

What does everyone think? I know some of you are switching devices when new phones come out, but did we get screwed by an underpowered device?
Probably because they tried to pump out a "fix" to all the problems and complaints of the TP1 so fast, the next true generation of phones was ignored. My take is this: Yes, the TP2 is the last of its kind. But is it truly worth it to run and buy a Nexus One (or pick a new phone)? No. My reasoning is because 1.5Ghz cpus coupled with 4G are right around the corner, a year away tops. I'm not dumping 4, 5 or 600 dollars into another 3G phone with a snapdragon, just to be "laughed at" by a 1.5Ghz 4G 4.3" AMOLED screen phone a month later. I am waiting for 4G, and I suggest peeps with the TP2 do the same. Don't cheat yourselves! Sprint is the clear leader in 4G rollout, but all carriers are rapidly getting there. I thought I NEEDED an HD2, but really- by the time it reaches the states it'll be a dinosaur replaced by the 4G Touch Pro 3... just my .02
Old 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

ha come on, you didn't realize the tp2 was at the end of the last generation of hardware? it has a 528mhz processor, just like our phones have had for the last two years... you should've realized when you started seeing devices like the omnia ii in europe come out with 800mhz (which came out before the tp2 hit here).

it's still a great device and the best winmo device with a kb for sure (and best kb for all phones). i bought it knowing it was going to be surpassed very soon because i like cycling through phones once a year anyway. best winmo phone to date in the US, so can you really blame it?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
Yes you will lol. We all do. They still make the best phones. If you came all the way up from the 6700, you have told yourself the same thing everytime, right before you upgraded. heh =]
DITTO.. and im sure (even though i love this phone, for now) I will HATE the tp2 as much as i have hated the Apache, Mogul and TP1.. but its the initial infatuation with all these phones that will keep bringing me back.. kinda like a SMOKIN HOT girlfriend, but has an annoying a$$ voice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Heh. Would be nice, but will never happen. WinMo 7 requires a 1 GHz processor (which we don't have)
Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

treadwayj is keeping up the good worktreadwayj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
DITTO.. and im sure (even though i love this phone, for now) I will HATE the tp2 as much as i have hated the Apache, Mogul and TP1.. but its the initial infatuation with all these phones that will keep bringing me back.. kinda like a SMOKIN HOT girlfriend, but has an annoying a$$ voice.
So they are kinda like Fran Drescher
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj View Post
So they are kinda like Fran Drescher
YOu think shes smoking hot? ewwwwwwwwww
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2