PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

truckinusa is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got a TP2 from Sprint

I got this phone thinking it would be an upgrade from my HTC Diamond. I don't really like some aspects of it. It seems laggy and slow at times stock out of the box. Well anyways I didn't post this thread to dog on the new phone. I'm stuck with it.

I'm wondering what kinds of tweaks I should consider? I was trying to figure out how to open up SIM card slot, but it seems fairly complicated. I also want to know if it is worth it to upgrade to one of the ROMs for 6.5? I am a very basic user. I mainly use it for web surfing using Internet Explorer(hate opera) and email.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:06 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Just got a TP2 from Sprint

Welcome to the site!
And yes, I would definatly unlock it and flash to a custom ROM.
You seem like you could be easily irritated bug bugs and glitches so I would recommend MightyROM, its super stable and fast. And from what I hear he has IE working very well, but I wouldnt know personally. I dont like using it at all, Opera seems much faster.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinusa View Post
I got this phone thinking it would be an upgrade from my HTC Diamond. I don't really like some aspects of it. It seems laggy and slow at times stock out of the box. Well anyways I didn't post this thread to dog on the new phone. I'm stuck with it.

I'm wondering what kinds of tweaks I should consider? I was trying to figure out how to open up SIM card slot, but it seems fairly complicated. I also want to know if it is worth it to upgrade to one of the ROMs for 6.5? I am a very basic user. I mainly use it for web surfing using Internet Explorer(hate opera) and email.
You could always try one of the custom ROMs here that would speed it up if it's bothering you. I see 1000 threads a day on little bugs here and there and that's why I choose to stick with stock ROM. I refuse to believe that anyone is completely perfect with a custom ROM.

Also definitely check out this...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85996
Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Welcome to the forum...I am running a custom ROM that I cooked in one of the kitchens offered in the upgrade forum. I disagree with the above posts only because I would suggest you STAY stock but learn how to tweak it to your liking. The stock TP2 ROM is stable. HTC and MS have done it right with TP2's stock ROM. Its not the fastest, nor the slickest...but it was solid. Memory management was good too (in my humble opinion)

Take a look at this thread then try things out from there.

Do lots of reading, learn how to hard reset your phone and enjoy!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Welcome to the forum...I am running a custom ROM that I cooked in one of the kitchens offered in the upgrade forum. I disagree with the above posts only because I would suggest you STAY stock but learn how to tweak it to your liking. The stock TP2 ROM is stable. HTC and MS have done it right with TP2's stock ROM. Its not the fastest, nor the slickest...but it was solid. Memory management was good too (in my humble opinion)

Take a look at this thread then try things out from there.

Do lots of reading, learn how to hard reset your phone and enjoy!
Thank you for not being like everyone else pushing the custom ROMs!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:

First things first. Since you have stated you are a basic user. Thumb through the forum and get a feel for it. Once you get the hang of it start by reading the stickies that pertain to the "how to" of tweaking your phone, either unlocking or flashing. Get the basics first so that you don't end up bricking your phone. It never hurts to ask but make sure you do some searching. Most of the questions you may have are already posted by other users. Welcome and enjoy!

Make sure to thank all the great help out there. We all appreciate eachothers help, and show it often.

Give some
Old 01-16-2010, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, treo wx, mogul, tp, tp 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: sprint & verizon

gtcoffe is keeping up the good workgtcoffe is keeping up the good work

I agree, you must play, read, play, read, play.....ADDICTION!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2