PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Touch Pro 2 SMS 2016 Issue Official Fix!!![Download Here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
Has anyone heard of maybe a cab that could give threaded email, without flashing to that rom?
also if you did find a cab, you would prolly have to reset your email so the threadding works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
also if you did find a cab, you would prolly have to reset your email so the threadding works.
You think I could get it to work by disecting one of the roms that have it in there and maybe just pull out that part of it and cab it up???

Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
You think I could get it to work by disecting one of the roms that have it in there and maybe just pull out that part of it and cab it up???
it doesnt hurt to try. all ya gotta do is find a person to test it for you.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
it doesnt hurt to try. all ya gotta do is find a person to test it for you.
Yeah thats gonna tough to find a guinea pig. lol. If I feel confident enough it will work, I guess Ill try it myself...
Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
The USCC Fix does work for War, and should work for anyone running a ROM with the USCC OEMDrivers. I extracted the rilphone, added a few reg settings and posted it over in the other thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...14&postcount=1

Z
Didn't work on my phone for some reason? Stock USC Tp2, with as delivered WM6.5...loaded the cab, clicked setup, the and the phone immediately reset...no onscreen prompts/instructions, nothing. When it came back up I noticed the fix didn't seem to take, so I tried installing it again and got the "please use correct version" error...??

Last edited by chevy454; 01-18-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

So I FINALLY got around to getting this on my phone.....followed the directions as they were on HTC's site and it fixed the issue w/o a hard reset. It also fixed the messages that were already there. So everything is well on my end. Yay!
Thanks OP for pointing this out! I had just gotten to the point where I ignored it. Lol.

It should be in a custom ROM soon....hopefully.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Yeah thats gonna tough to find a guinea pig. lol. If I feel confident enough it will work, I guess Ill try it myself...
let us know. and just to let ya know this is prolly off topic so if you want more discussion on this you should start a new thread and you could find some beta testers a lot easier.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Alright, this is my 2nd customer Ive tried using the DL off HTCs site for the TP1(ONE) I go to the TP1 on their site, and it doesn't work. It gives me the incorrect device error. As I said, Im trying it on TP1s and Im going to TP1 on HTCs site. Anyone have any ideas?(I know this is for TP2, but you guys answer fast!)
Old 01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
Didn't work on my phone for some reason? Stock USC Tp2, with as delivered WM6.5...loaded the cab, clicked setup, the and the phone immediately reset...no onscreen prompts/instructions, nothing. When it came back up I noticed the fix didn't seem to take, so I tried installing it again and got the "please use correct version" error...??
If you have the stock US Cellular TP 2 then I have the download you need on the first page first post.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Alright, this is my 2nd customer Ive tried using the DL off HTCs site for the TP1(ONE) I go to the TP1 on their site, and it doesn't work. It gives me the incorrect device error. As I said, Im trying it on TP1s and Im going to TP1 on HTCs site. Anyone have any ideas?(I know this is for TP2, but you guys answer fast!)
Here you go, here is the cab for the TP 1, the reason it is telling you that it is the incorrect device is because the TP 1 has to be updated to the latest software which is 2.....something... Here is the cab for the sms fix and the software update for the TP in the rar file. Ok well the file is to large for me to update but just go to the link below and download the software update. So update the phone first if the customers phone hasn't been already and then install the cab file.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/
Attached Files
File Type: cab TouchPro2016Patch2.01.cab (369.7 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sms fix, touch pro 2