PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Could Windows mobile 7 be for real

IMO, HTC Sense & SPB still light years ahead in appearance.

Hardware requirements = more power consuming = bigger battery needed = heavier.

Unless actual hardware is some new super efficient design to match requirements, I dont see these devices making it thru the day on a 1500ma bat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
are these the only leaked pics of winmo 7?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

sure itl be real. but not untill they release the version they are currently working on and then start making a new one.

they are working on 6.5.3. the beta is what they were showing off at CES. they wont be comming out with a new os untill they finish making the one they are currently working on.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
sure itl be real. but not untill they release the version they are currently working on and then start making a new one.

they are working on 6.5.3. the beta is what they were showing off at CES. they wont be comming out with a new os untill they finish making the one they are currently working on.
this is what i've been thinking. I know winmo 7 is in the works and probably almost done, but more then likely they will be showing off 6.5.x or 6.6 because they haven't even shown that off yet and it hasn't officially launched. Only us on ppcgeeks and xda have used 6.5.x the rest of the world is only using 6.1 or 6.5. It makes no sense to show off winmo 7 when they havne't released 6.6 yet and we all know 6.6 is here.

On a side note i run 6.5.x roms and love them, to finally have the sip placement working and a working taskmanager I can't wait. Microsoft go ahead and release 6.6 so we can have some official roms.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

those images also looked tweaked...
windows has released images from 2 years ago...that says a lot...every other image of possible wm7 development has been closed or removed by microsoft...
Old 01-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thought 6.5.X builds was just development towards WinMo7. I'm quite disappointed that MS is actually releasing 6.5.3 on devices. I prefer 6.5.X over 6.5...but I just tolerate those ungainly looking big buttons on the start bar. I actually think that we'll still see WinMo7 in Feb...and I think 6.6 will be eventually used for "low-end" WinMo devices (resistive) where as WinMo7 is for the "high-end" (capacitive).

Old 01-16-2010, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

CDMA iPhone should be it by then - should be the end of wm as we know it
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
CDMA iPhone should be it by then - should be the end of wm as we know it
Until they offer a physical keyboard, Apple and Steve Jobs can go to hell.

MANY of us will NEVER buy a phone without a physical keyboard.
Now, if Apple did offer one, I would honestly try it.
But, Jobs will never allow it. So for that, I hope he dies.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2

birddseedd is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Until they offer a physical keyboard, Apple and Steve Jobs can go to hell.

MANY of us will NEVER buy a phone without a physical keyboard.
Now, if Apple did offer one, I would honestly try it.
But, Jobs will never allow it. So for that, I hope he dies.
I was thinking today, you can type on the iphone much quietly than you can tp2. ya know, no clicking buttons n'all
Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I was thinking today, you can type on the iphone much quietly than you can tp2. ya know, no clicking buttons n'all
what if we like the tactile feedback/sound? ever stop to think about that? (its a joke... take no offense to it, unless you think FM wouldnt be a good thing for the TP2 CDMA then you can take a long walk off a short pier)
Old 01-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I just read on 1800pocketpc.com that W7 will NOT be backwards compatible. I'm no rumormonger, but if this is true, I really hope they offer it as a companion OS for regular Winmo. If not- count me the hell out of this 'upgrade'. I do not know why companies do this(coughPALMcough), unless they just enjoy pissing off legacy users.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 01-17-2010 at 06:08 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2