PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: text messages from the future Y2KX issue

guess this kind of ties into it being the SMS gateway issue but, MMS come through just fine with the correct time, no date
Old 01-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

I'm not having the issue. But, try enabling this dword:
HKLM\\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting\TimeSync\ShowTimeZ oneSync

Make it a "1" and you'll have 2 options in ur phone settings... 1 to synch to Internet Time & the other to sync to Internet Timezone. Play with toggling both of these & hitting "update" to see what happens.

Again, just offering suggestions. In My settings, TIME is checked & TIMEZONE is not checked.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 01-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

laxman12786 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
Yea, I thought of that before I fully understood the issue. Since the problem is only limited to incoming texts and thus associated with data coming along with the text, changing the time locally wouldn't have any bearing.

I'm still interested in knowing if the problem will be fixed when tomorrow comes (1/2/10).
I for one would be completely shocked if it was fine tomorrow. It seems to be an issue of using a short date code, which, if true, wouldn't be resolved without software patches on the server/tower side.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Lurker

laxman12786 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
guess this kind of ties into it being the SMS gateway issue but, MMS come through just fine with the correct time, no date
It does seem to be limited to SMS, but on my phone I cannot tell if MMS have the correct date as they all just have the time of day, month, and day without a year.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Lurker

laxman12786 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post

Make it a "1" and you'll have 2 options in ur phone settings... 1 to synch to Internet Time & the other to sync to Internet Timezone. Play with toggling both of these & hitting "update" to see what happens.

Again, just offering suggestions. In My settings, TIME is checked & TIMEZONE is not checked.
Do you know if other people with CDMA WM 6.x phones in your area seem to be experiencing this issue, or are they fine like yours?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

quid246 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
I'm still interested in knowing if the problem will be fixed when tomorrow comes (1/2/10).
January 2, 2010? That's years ago my friend!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman12786 View Post
It does seem to be limited to SMS, but on my phone I cannot tell if MMS have the correct date as they all just have the time of day, month, and day without a year.
that in itself means its right. The only time the date shows up is when its not currently the day the message was sent
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman12786 View Post
Do you know if other people with CDMA WM 6.x phones in your area seem to be experiencing this issue, or are they fine like yours?
no clue.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
So is it safe to say our phones are now dumbphones given they can't understand binary code?
ive always called my phone a dumbphone as it cannot do simple tasks sometimes without freezing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post

has anybody tried this?

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 01-01-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Oh and mods, thank you for the mention in the main page, but its Subzero1313, not 1312

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k