PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Workaround: No Paste Option in E-Mails

If this affects anyone else, below is something that might get you by for now.

Problem:

For some reason my Vzw TP2 (unlike the TP1) will not allow me to paste text into an e-mail. While it is possible to do so in an SMS message, for some reason this feature is strangely absent.

I ran across this while trying to email a news article to someone this morning. What's worse is that no browser I tried - PIE, Opera 9 and 10, and Skyfire included an option to send a page link via email.

Workaround:

Create a new email message, click "Menu" and select "My Text". Scroll down and select "Edit My Text Messages".

When the "My Text" window pops up, click the space below the bottom canned message and in the box below that where you can type you will be allowed to paste. Paste your pastables in there and hit "OK".

Now go back to "Menu" and select "My Text" again, this time scrolling down to what should include your pasted text. Select that and shazaam. Now wasn't that fun?

Maybe HTC or Verizon can make it a little easier by not disabling "paste" next time around.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Workaround: No Paste Option in E-Mails

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
If this affects anyone else, below is something that might get you by for now.

Problem:

For some reason my Vzw TP2 (unlike the TP1) will not allow me to paste text into an e-mail. While it is possible to do so in an SMS message, for some reason this feature is strangely absent.

I ran across this while trying to email a news article to someone this morning. What's worse is that no browser I tried - PIE, Opera 9 and 10, and Skyfire included an option to send a page link via email.

Workaround:

Create a new email message, click "Menu" and select "My Text". Scroll down and select "Edit My Text Messages".

When the "My Text" window pops up, click the space below the bottom canned message and in the box below that where you can type you will be allowed to paste. Paste your pastables in there and hit "OK".

Now go back to "Menu" and select "My Text" again, this time scrolling down to what should include your pasted text. Select that and shazaam. Now wasn't that fun?

Maybe HTC or Verizon can make it a little easier by not disabling "paste" next time around.

or you can download rhodim keyboard config and it will bring back control v for paste. everything is explained here

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85583
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
or you can download rhodim keyboard config and it will bring back control v for paste. everything is explained here

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85583

Hmm, interesting! I'm going to check it out right now. Since I like my messaging and custom buttons on the vzw kb, I'm going to see if I can map a function-altered key, the tilda, as my control key. I'll post what happens.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

kb controller is the way to go
Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
Hmm, interesting! I'm going to check it out right now. Since I like my messaging and custom buttons on the vzw kb, I'm going to see if I can map a function-altered key, the tilda, as my control key. I'll post what happens.
don't map a control key, that way works but isn't the easiest. follow the directions in the link i posted because that way works the best whether you're on sprint, vzw, or telus.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Actually, I just found a workaround that avoids installing any third-party software (which I always prefer when possible). In fact, I can't believe I missed it, it's so obvious:

Simply bring up your OSK and change from "Full QWERTY" to "keyboard" and you're done. You now have a control key.

Btw., talked to my gf last night and her T-Mobile TP2 has a control key that also does the work of a real control key, so she can copy, cut, and paste on her slideout. Thanks again, Verizon, for neutering my phone.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

parcou is becoming a great contributor

I would like to delete all my mail messages at one time...is there a shortcut on the keyboard for select all?

The current rom I am on I cannot use the stylus to select all messages with one stroke. When I could I could del all the msg that way...
(retired) VZW TP
(retired) VZW 6800
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcou View Post
I would like to delete all my mail messages at one time...is there a shortcut on the keyboard for select all?

The current rom I am on I cannot use the stylus to select all messages with one stroke. When I could I could del all the msg that way...
  1. Install Rhodium Keyboard Controller
  2. Map Fn+A to a Ctrl+A action
That will emulate the old faithful "Select All" option. I've just confirmed it works and will select all messages in the folder

Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy
Carrier: Sprint

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok, im confused, on you guys' issues, im able to copy/paste/select all & several. right from the inbox screens, i hold my finger down and a list of options come up and i go from there. unless im missin what ur actually tryina do here...if so i apologize

Last edited by malibu_23; 12-15-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

parcou is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
  1. Install Rhodium Keyboard Controller
  2. Map Fn+A to a Ctrl+A action
That will emulate the old faithful "Select All" option. I've just confirmed it works and will select all messages in the folder
CovKid66

The friend...bit of a newbie...where can I find this controller for the TP2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2