PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Workaround: No Paste Option in E-Mails (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101677)

constitutionalist 12-14-2009 11:35 AM

Workaround: No Paste Option in E-Mails

If this affects anyone else, below is something that might get you by for now.

Problem:

For some reason my Vzw TP2 (unlike the TP1) will not allow me to paste text into an e-mail. While it is possible to do so in an SMS message, for some reason this feature is strangely absent.

I ran across this while trying to email a news article to someone this morning. What's worse is that no browser I tried - PIE, Opera 9 and 10, and Skyfire included an option to send a page link via email.

Workaround:

Create a new email message, click "Menu" and select "My Text". Scroll down and select "Edit My Text Messages".

When the "My Text" window pops up, click the space below the bottom canned message and in the box below that where you can type you will be allowed to paste. Paste your pastables in there and hit "OK".

Now go back to "Menu" and select "My Text" again, this time scrolling down to what should include your pasted text. Select that and shazaam. Now wasn't that fun?

Maybe HTC or Verizon can make it a little easier by not disabling "paste" next time around.

:confused1:

p-slim 12-14-2009 01:36 PM

Re: Workaround: No Paste Option in E-Mails

Quote:

Originally Posted by constitutionalist (Post 1411897)
If this affects anyone else, below is something that might get you by for now.

Problem:

For some reason my Vzw TP2 (unlike the TP1) will not allow me to paste text into an e-mail. While it is possible to do so in an SMS message, for some reason this feature is strangely absent.

I ran across this while trying to email a news article to someone this morning. What's worse is that no browser I tried - PIE, Opera 9 and 10, and Skyfire included an option to send a page link via email.

Workaround:

Create a new email message, click "Menu" and select "My Text". Scroll down and select "Edit My Text Messages".

When the "My Text" window pops up, click the space below the bottom canned message and in the box below that where you can type you will be allowed to paste. Paste your pastables in there and hit "OK".

Now go back to "Menu" and select "My Text" again, this time scrolling down to what should include your pasted text. Select that and shazaam. Now wasn't that fun?

Maybe HTC or Verizon can make it a little easier by not disabling "paste" next time around.

:confused1:

or you can download rhodim keyboard config and it will bring back control v for paste. everything is explained here

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85583

constitutionalist 12-14-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1412170)
or you can download rhodim keyboard config and it will bring back control v for paste. everything is explained here

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85583

Hmm, interesting! I'm going to check it out right now. Since I like my messaging and custom buttons on the vzw kb, I'm going to see if I can map a function-altered key, the tilda, as my control key. I'll post what happens.

mikenerd 12-14-2009 07:05 PM

kb controller is the way to go

p-slim 12-14-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by constitutionalist (Post 1412748)
Hmm, interesting! I'm going to check it out right now. Since I like my messaging and custom buttons on the vzw kb, I'm going to see if I can map a function-altered key, the tilda, as my control key. I'll post what happens.

don't map a control key, that way works but isn't the easiest. follow the directions in the link i posted because that way works the best whether you're on sprint, vzw, or telus.

constitutionalist 12-15-2009 07:53 PM

Actually, I just found a workaround that avoids installing any third-party software (which I always prefer when possible). In fact, I can't believe I missed it, it's so obvious:

Simply bring up your OSK and change from "Full QWERTY" to "keyboard" and you're done. You now have a control key.

Btw., talked to my gf last night and her T-Mobile TP2 has a control key that also does the work of a real control key, so she can copy, cut, and paste on her slideout. Thanks again, Verizon, for neutering my phone. :argue:

parcou 12-15-2009 08:37 PM

I would like to delete all my mail messages at one time...is there a shortcut on the keyboard for select all?

The current rom I am on I cannot use the stylus to select all messages with one stroke. When I could I could del all the msg that way...

CovKid66 12-15-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parcou (Post 1416072)
I would like to delete all my mail messages at one time...is there a shortcut on the keyboard for select all?

The current rom I am on I cannot use the stylus to select all messages with one stroke. When I could I could del all the msg that way...

1. Install Rhodium Keyboard Controller
  2. Map Fn+A to a Ctrl+A action
That will emulate the old faithful "Select All" option. I've just confirmed it works and will select all messages in the folder

malibu_23 12-15-2009 08:56 PM

Ok, im confused, on you guys' issues, im able to copy/paste/select all & several. right from the inbox screens, i hold my finger down and a list of options come up and i go from there. unless im missin what ur actually tryina do here...if so i apologize

parcou 12-15-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CovKid66 (Post 1416096)
  1. Install Rhodium Keyboard Controller
  2. Map Fn+A to a Ctrl+A action
That will emulate the old faithful "Select All" option. I've just confirmed it works and will select all messages in the folder

CovKid66

The friend...bit of a newbie...where can I find this controller for the TP2?