PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
I'm having a MAJOR problem with my internet connection

This morning my internet connection was working properly. About an hour later I go to use it and it's not working. Mind you, my connection hasn't been as fast as it was when I first got it 3 weeks ago. I've also been having service interruptions. I've already been on with 3 CSRs that were no help at all. I got connected to a level 3 tech and he told me to ## data# and reset my profile. I did that. Still doesn't work. After that, I was instructed to go into settings/phone/internet/get settings and click "start" to initiate custon NAI entry to device. The button works but NOTHING happens when I click start. I have IOTA at the top of my screen and the box that says "data provisioning preparing vision services please wait" tries to initiate and NOTHING happens til it times out with a 1012 error stating "data provision error could not prepare vision services." The level 3 tech told me to activesync to backup and call them back so we can do a "more thorough hard reset" whatever that means. So, bottom line, my internet is f****d and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions/help/ideas? Sorry for the long story I just had to explain it entirely before I take off to class....=/
Old 10-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
this has been discussed a million times, but heres how i fix error 67 and 1012.

go to comm manager
switch to flight mode and wait second
switch back to phone mode and wait a second
soft reset and you should be back up and running

good idea is to backup using SPB backup or something when your internet is working so you can restore to that point if you need to

PS. calling sprint about this issue is totally useless. its faster just to hard reset and restore then wait on the phone and be handed off to people left and right.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks blazin-asian, but I'm still getting Error 1012. IOTA is at the top and at the bottom, the box is displaying "data provisioning. preparing vision services. please wait." I'm really starting to lose my cool with this problem. =/
Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Well, since you have already cleared the vision profile ala the first tech you talked to, you will have to call them back and perform a master reset of the device (aka a more complete hard reset). After you do that, the phone will come back up unprovisioned and the tech will walk you through the steps to get back up and running. This will work to fix the problem (has for me twice).
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks krayziepop. Damn, that's the one thing I didn't wanna do, was perform a hard/master reset. Grrrrr. Do you know what causes this issue?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Do you tether at all? My problem was the normal crap with ICS f@@king up the vision profiles. All I would have had to do is click connect, then disconnect to straighten things back out again. But, c'est la vie...

In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about the hard reset... I know it sucks to have to set everything back up again, but hopefully you won't have to do this again. If you are tethering at all, just make sure to do the reg edit that Luv2Chill pointed out in one of the other tethering threads to make ICS run without the extensions for Multi-NAI.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I don't tether. I never messed with anything vital to proper internet operations or connections either. It's strange because it was working just fine this morning then out of nowhere it crapped out. I probably shouldn't have reset my profile though LOL ohhh well, time for a hard/master reset! It's a bummer though because I won't be able to make it right 'til tomorrow evening. I appreciate your help krayziepop. =)
Old 10-12-2007, 02:51 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
How does one perform a master reset? I've never even heard of it before.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

...I've got no idea. Krayziebop filled me in on when I mentioned a "more thorough hard reset" and of what I know, it makes it "out-of-the box" new where the internet has to setup, because that's my problem at the moment. BTW, I'm not elite in the ppc game but I've never heard of a master reset til in this thread. All I know is my internet connection went from just fine but somewhat slow for the last couple days to totally FUBAR within one hour exactly. That does not sit right with me ya know.

Last edited by wILLk0r3 818; 10-12-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:20 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Ah, apparently its ##786# and I assume you'd have to enter in your MSL.

And yeah, i totally know how you feel.

My 6700 went from being perfectly fine to having a radio that worked sporadically practically overnight... Sprint didn't believe me and then it did it right in front of their very eyes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan