PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604 View Post
dont you get in trouble for calling 911? I remember when I was in 5th grade eating lunch in the cafeteria, the principal came in. He said someone called 911 from the payphone next to the cafeteria. I think we got out playground privileges suspended for a week.
Well you're allowed to make a "911 test call" but in some areas they want you to call a non-emergency number first. I just called the Sheriff and asked and they said just to call 911 and tell them right away it's a "test call" and you can ask about your info that shows up for your number.

Well my number and name comes up but no address from sprint attached, so I had them check the A-gps and they got my location really close (one house away).
Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
Uh, I work for a 911 call center. It's not illegal to test, as long as you aren't testing 25 times a day, and don't test, and immediately hang up. Just tell the dispatcher you are testing your cell phone, and they might want you to verify your name/address (the good call centers should, I know we do...) We have only prosecuted 1 or 2 nut jobs that call 911 hundreds of times a day...

And no, I really don't care if the Goddamn button is skinned or not... I was just saying it wasn't skinned...
Old 09-20-2007, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Well you're allowed to make a "911 test call" but in some areas they want you to call a non-emergency number first. I just called the Sheriff and asked and they said just to call 911 and tell them right away it's a "test call" and you can ask about your info that shows up for your number.

Well my number and name comes up but no address from sprint attached, so I had them check the A-gps and they got my location really close (one house away).
Ok, being you jumped in my stuff about caring that the button was skinned, (Which I really didnt, i was just pointing it out, so others wouldnt have to call 911 and test...)
I'm going to challenge you... I don't think that when you called 911, the dispatcher had your name. Sprint doesn't hand out subscriber info, just the tower phone number (ph1 failover) your #(Ph2) and an x/y (tower (ph1) and your aGPS (ph2).

Anyhow, enough stirring the muck.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
can anyone confirm is ##DATA# works with these files, it didn't work with the orig touch dialers
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by l View Post
Ok, being you jumped in my stuff about caring that the button was skinned, (Which I really didnt, i was just pointing it out, so others wouldnt have to call 911 and test...)
I'm going to challenge you... I don't think that when you called 911, the dispatcher had your name. Sprint doesn't hand out subscriber info, just the tower phone number (ph1 failover) your #(Ph2) and an x/y (tower (ph1) and your aGPS (ph2).

Anyhow, enough stirring the muck.
Well I don't know why you need to "Challenge" me, but if it will make you feel any better I didn't ask if they had my 'name' as I assumed it was attached to my caller ID already and they read out my Phone number right away. I did ask for my address which they didn't have, I then asked for my location to make sure my gps was activated. Maybe I can get a transcript for you if you really want one..LOL

C.C. If you think me stating my opinion was "jumping in your stuff" I think you need to take a chill pill..
Sorry if I hurt your tender little feelings, I kind of figured this was a forum, you know for discussion, opinions, ideas, solutions.... and my opinion was that the "911 exit button skin" wasn't too big of a deal.
So once again I apologize if I hurt your feelings or made you cry.

Last edited by Primenall; 09-20-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia HD
Carrier: ATT

Ncruze is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Ncruze
But there's no contacts button on the bottom left hand of the screen..That was left out???! also is anyone going to design a call button for this dial pad???
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eb3604 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncruze View Post
But there's no contacts button on the bottom left hand of the screen..That was left out???! also is anyone going to design a call button for this dial pad???
you mean the left softkey? i dont think the dialer affects that. Paul's dialpad enables the 'big buttons'. thus call and end buttons go bye bye. You can use the hardbuttons for call and end. If you replaced the phcanhtc.dll with the original one, you could skin the original dialer.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:38 PM
N00b

esdime is a n00b
anybody else notice that when you hit the call history key and your history comes up, that it still leaves the bottom bar of wm6 but the top bar is gone and there is no x-button to exit out. the history cover up the start bar.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:20 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
can anyone confirm is ##DATA# works with these files, it didn't work with the orig touch dialers
##codes work on the mogul, as paul's dll was the original sprint dll just modified for big buttons.

this looks like the touch dialer but all thats taken from touch is the images. the code behind the dialer is basically still sprint mogul.

i do not know if the ##codes work on apache.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Lurker

winter_war is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by esdime View Post
anybody else notice that when you hit the call history key and your history comes up, that it still leaves the bottom bar of wm6 but the top bar is gone and there is no x-button to exit out. the history cover up the start bar.

That's odd. Both bars are still visible on mine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan