PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eb3604 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
maybe a shout out would be nice
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Threadstarter

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604 View Post
maybe a shout out would be nice
eb3604, i have revised this thread and my cab(s) to give you credit for your touch skin for pauls dialer. i have also removed my name from the package as i never meant to mislead anyone into thinking i did any dialer work. i only made the package.

the windows and phoneskin packages now place a "dialer-credits.txt" into those folders.

Last edited by dcd; 09-19-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
http://www.paulya.com/dialerskins.htm

I have the Grey Classic Picture Box by JPL4 skin installed. The dialer is buggy though, sometimes it locks up or stumbles. I don't care about smart dial, but I want a picture shown on calls.

I dunno where to begin on porting that theme to this dialer, or if this dialer even supports a skin with a picture box like that.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
911 works, data arrows grey out when dormant, etc etc.
my understanding is that this should also work on apache wm6 and correct the 911 and data arrows issue. if anyone could verify that it would be nice.
Well, almost perfect on my wm6'd 6700. I work at a 911 call center, and the call went thru immediately, but then it goes into "press exit to exit emergency button" and the button doesn't look very pretty. It appears that it's a non skinned button, it appears directly above the 3 (where the call history button usually is...), and simply says "Exit", but it's in the original phone skin, not in the touch theme skin.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Threadstarter

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by computercarl View Post
Well, almost perfect on my wm6'd 6700. I work at a 911 call center, and the call went thru immediately, but then it goes into "press exit to exit emergency button" and the button doesn't look very pretty. It appears that it's a non skinned button, it appears directly above the 3 (where the call history button usually is...), and simply says "Exit", but it's in the original phone skin, not in the touch theme skin.
thanks for the 6700 confirmation. im not sure if eb3604 can answer the exit button question for us?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

when you call 911, it goes into 'emergency mode' persay, Paul has not found a way to skin it. It is probably in a DLL somewhere. I'll look into it too. Paul has a post on it on pdaphonehome
Old 09-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Do you really call 911 often enough to care if emergency mode is skinned?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I did a 911 test today just because I wanted to make sure mine was working, it's working fine (they didn't answer until like the 6 or 7th ring though)

I really don't understand why the heck anyone cares about the "exit emergency mode" button being skinned, that should be the least of your worries if you're calling 911. Let's get real here.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dont you get in trouble for calling 911? I remember when I was in 5th grade eating lunch in the cafeteria, the principal came in. He said someone called 911 from the payphone next to the cafeteria. I think we got out playground privileges suspended for a week.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Noob

Well it's technically illegal, but usually they won't bother you if you are calling to test, as long as the first thing you say is you're testing it, and you don't hang up until they give you the OK. A friend dialed 911 by accident on his phone (held 9 instead of 8 for speed dial) and they told him it was no problem, but he couldn't hang up until they said it was ok (if you hang up on them, they assume theres a problem and send police). He ended up talking for a couple minutes actually, because the operator knew his dad, and recognized the last name when the info came up on the screen.

Long story short, don't call 911 unless you absolutely have to. You can usually get away with "testing" it, but unless you have reason to think it won't work, don't test. Your test call may delay somebody who actually needs help from getting it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan