PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Swapping Question

Hey guys, I've had my mogul for a few weeks now, and within the first few days I noticed a small spot in the lower left hand corner of the screen that is a different color from the rest, more noticeable on light screens. I have the $7/month insurance, but if I swap for a new one, will it count as one of my two per year, because it seems to be a defective screen?

Also, if I swap out over the phone or emailing e-care, will they send me a new one before I mail the old one back? And, will I be able to keep any parts off the existing one (like the stylus or battery) without getting charged for it?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
I highly doubt you will be able to keep the batt or stylest from the old one, as they will want that stuff back, now with the Alltel Ins you pay ur ded and they want just the phone intact, i kept all my other stuff from the phone, Not real sure if they cover pixel issues or not,

will g.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:23 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
That sounds like it is a factory defect take it to a Sprint store they will let you keep the broken one till the new one arrives. Ask about the parts, when you swap it out, they will most likely try to keep them but if you ask than argue a little bit they always give them to you. I wound up with 4 extra batteries for my 6700, I only had to argue a little once but the store manager told the guy helping me to let me have the stuff. They don't send that stuff in the guy was most likely trying to keep it for himself.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
It's not a pixel issue I don't think, it looks like a bad spot in the screen. It's a small circle area where there was pressure or something.

Any tips on what to say while arguing to get keep accessories? Or just say I want the accessories for whatever reason?

[edit]
Oh yeah, and I'm SERO. Will they deal with SERO at a sprint store? Also, will it affect my rebates? I have yet to send in the Kellogg's and Sprint rebates (going to do it in the next couple days), and I believe the kellogg's rebate requires the serial number off the box, is it okay to send in with the old one, or should I wait for the new one?

Last edited by Baffles; 09-29-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Will I get a NEW phone when I swap, or some used or refurb phone, by the way?
Old 09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Will I get a NEW phone when I swap, or some used or refurb phone, by the way?
if you are still in the first 30 days you can always swap it without even using the insurance/warranty program and should be given a new one no questions asked... you can return the phone for whatever reason so they will have no problems giving you a different one...
Old 09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

I'm still in the first 30 days. What number should I call to get a new phone sent out to me? Can I email, or am I better off calling? I'd personally rather email if it will work, just because it's easier for me and I have everything in writing over email.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Bump. Not sure which way I should approach it, and will it affect my Sprint and Kellogg's rebates (will they have to be resubmitted with the new phone serial number or something?)
Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
if you are still within the first 90 days and if you bought it at the store you would go to that store and they will replace it.. If you bought over the phone from sprint's telesales then call sprint and they will give you a new one only if it is within the first 90 days..

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

I bought online through SERO.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan