PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problems with Mogul freezing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
My programs are installed to the device and there is plenty of room left there. The cabs i used to install them are on the storage card but that doesn't matter does it?
Nope, Storage Card is not affected during hard reset, to be sure though... remove it
Old 08-27-2008, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

Quote:
My programs are installed to the device and there is plenty of room left there. The cabs i used to install them are on the storage card but that doesn't matter does it?
Try to find an updated CAB for the programs you use. Incompatibility with WM6.1 could be the issue.

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Can one of you guys answer my questions about the hard reset a couple posts ago before I dive into this? Thanks so much for your help guys.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I was wondering will it go back to the original rom that came on the phone or will it revert to the 6.1 rom that I flashed on it.
It will revert the installed ROM upon hard reset, so WM 6.1

Quote:
Also i will not need to re-activate it will I? (noobish I think but just covering my bases)
No - Hard Reset should not erase programming data
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

hard resetting your phone will clear your entire phone's contents and it returns it to the state you got it when you bought it or when you updated the ROM.

This usually is only done when your phone doesn't function anymore for any reason and you try to solve the issue by "starting all over".
Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay, thank you guys. I will hard reset it tomorrow and hope that it starts working right again. If not I guess you'll be seeing this thread again haha.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG OPtimus M
Carrier: METROPCS

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor

OK IM NEW HERE!...so i didnt know how to post a new threat...anyways i had a question, i have a phone its an htc mogul, when it starts it says alltell, so i guess it used to be on alltell. But it was flashed to metro pcs. That's how i bought it. I thought the problem it was the battery because when it starts, like 95% of the time it freezes on the very first screen, with the htc logo with white background. and like 2% it goes to the second screen, and 2% it goes to the 3rd screen, which is the windows mobile screen with green background. and 1% of the time it actually starts and works, but then it after a little while.
Can anyone tell me why it won't start,why it freezes on the first screen?
I've tried rebooting by pressing the 2 buttons on the front with the white dot and inserting the stylus on the reset button on the bottom of the device.
It goes to a gray screen with red letters saying this:
"Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?
YES=QWERTY <R> KEY
NO=QWERTY <X> KEY

SO i press the QUERTY <R> KEY

Then it says REstore...waiting for completed
then it says RESTORE...COMPLETED
Press SPACE to boot
so i do...
the phone goes back to the htc logo screen...and same problem...rebooting didn't work i guess.
anyone want to tel me what to do?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianakcv View Post
OK IM NEW HERE!...so i didnt know how to post a new threat...anyways i had a question, i have a phone its an htc mogul, when it starts it says alltell, so i guess it used to be on alltell. But it was flashed to metro pcs. That's how i bought it. I thought the problem it was the battery because when it starts, like 95% of the time it freezes on the very first screen, with the htc logo with white background. and like 2% it goes to the second screen, and 2% it goes to the 3rd screen, which is the windows mobile screen with green background. and 1% of the time it actually starts and works, but then it after a little while.
Can anyone tell me why it won't start,why it freezes on the first screen?
I've tried rebooting by pressing the 2 buttons on the front with the white dot and inserting the stylus on the reset button on the bottom of the device.
It goes to a gray screen with red letters saying this:
"Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?
YES=QWERTY <R> KEY
NO=QWERTY <X> KEY

SO i press the QUERTY <R> KEY

Then it says REstore...waiting for completed
then it says RESTORE...COMPLETED
Press SPACE to boot
so i do...
the phone goes back to the htc logo screen...and same problem...rebooting didn't work i guess.
anyone want to tel me what to do?
When you place the phone in bootloader mode.(power, camera and stylus on the reset button. What info do you have there. What bootloader version is it saying.
If it is saying 2.40 olipro or 2.47 no2chem(or what ever 2.47 says): Then the first thing I would try and do is flash another rom.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I agree on it is time to flash a new ROM. HOWEVER, please (and I know ur new and didnt mean to but......) go to the top of this forum and there is a button called "New Thread" and looks like this. Please use it so you have your own thread with your own issues and no one gets things mixed up.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG OPtimus M
Carrier: METROPCS

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsm View Post
When you place the phone in bootloader mode.(power, camera and stylus on the reset button. What info do you have there. What bootloader version is it saying.
If it is saying 2.40 olipro or 2.47 no2chem(or what ever 2.47 says): Then the first thing I would try and do is flash another rom.

Let's see...
it says
TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9

and how could i flash another ROM, can you please email it to me so people won't get confused...
SORRY PEOPLE!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan