PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How does your BT headset sound on your 6800
Great! 14 20.00%
Pretty Good 23 32.86%
Just Acceptable 21 30.00%
Sound Like Absolute Crap 15 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

datapusher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I must be doing something wrong - BT Quality

if you read around the forums, it seems like the majority of the people with 6800s have pretty good connections witht heir bluetooth headsets. I do not.

For some reason I have horrible reception.

If I hold the phone in my hand near my head the quality is ~ok. if I lower my the phone below my belt it goes to shat. if i put the phone in my pocket, it is near impossible to understand the person on the other line. if I put the phone in my shirt pocket, less than a foot from the phone, same thing. these things are supposed to work for 30' right? What the hell is going on here? it's rediculous.

here is a little background on what combinations i have tried to get this thing to work.

I have so far tried 2 seperate Titans. Both with the same issue. one was a refurb and my current one is a new replacement phone.

I was running No2Chems Rom but have swuiched over to DCD's latest.

I first bought the Motorolla H700 and returned it because of the bad quality. i just bought a BlueAnt Z9i since quite a few people in the BT threads claimed that they worked great with the titan.

But this is not the case with me. it is extremely aggrevating. i love the features of this phone. but being a California resident, I have to have BT when I drive. And holding the phone to my head while I tak into my bt headset seams a little rediculous.

Am I doing something wrong? I have looked for updated drivers for my headset. there are none. is there something i need to do to "unlock" a good connection with acceptable audio?

the word "what" is used constatntly during my conversations while on bluetooth. I need to fix this somehow.

Any advice is welcomed. the only thing i won't do is buy another headset. I already have 2 headsets already.

Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5
Re: I must be doing something wrong - BT Quality

I'm having the same problem with my Jawbone. Everyone tells me that it sounds like there is running water in the background. This happens all the time whether I'm out and about or sitting in my office. I just switched to the new stock rom hoping this will help. If anyone knows of anything else that can be done, please assist.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:26 AM
h20
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

h20 is a n00b

I use a motorola HT820 stereo headset. It never has given me a problem with sound quality but with the original stock alltel rom it would randomly disconnect. I would think that the problem would be with the headset. But then again you have tried more than one. Maybee the phone has a hardware bluetooth issue.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
h20
Lurker

h20 is a n00b

If I get too far from my phone with my headset I it gets choppy. So if you get good reception with the phone held to your head it has to be the bluetooth radio on your phone has a problem with power output or the antenna.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Threadstarter

datapusher is a n00b

but I have tried 2 different titans. If that's the case all titans would have a bad bluetooth radio and they obviously don't.

I'm just confused. Maybe there is to much Iron in my diet interfering w/ the signal
Old 07-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ejbleendreeble is a n00b

I've complained about this before many times. I too have the BlueAnt Z9, and basically it's unusable. I too am on my second phone. I'm afraid that no one has been able to suggest anything that will fix the problem. I feel your pain ....

Perhaps someone will come up with a Bluetooth headset troubleshooting post of the kind that this forum provides for so many other problems. Sure hope so ....
Old 07-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I too feel this as well, but when I got my first Mogul, the bluetooth would randomly disconnect, but that's way before the remedies with the updates, and they've worked wonders. plus I'll keep an eye on this one as well as keeping y'all posted about my bluetooth experiments with the latest rom I just downoaded.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I never could get acceptable BT performance with my Titan over the last year, so Sprint has agreed to let me swap it for a Treo 800W. The Treo isn't as good as my Touch, but much better than my Titan - which was unlistenable. The Titan goes back on Monday.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor

I also have a z9. When I received it , it was on the firmware 3.1. The sound quality was subpar. Then I went to the blueant wireless website and downloaded the latest firmware which is 3.4.
now it sounds great!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 PM
h20
Lurker

h20 is a n00b

I listen to music and talk radio streams all day while working and mine is crystal clear. I get complaints that people can hear what other people are saying on the other side of the room or birds chirping 30 feet away. I have an Alltel branded phone but it shouldn't be any different than sprint. The guts are the same. It's got to be a rom problem. I the radio rom what handles the bluetooth or the operating system rom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan