PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How does your BT headset sound on your 6800
Great! 14 20.00%
Pretty Good 23 32.86%
Just Acceptable 21 30.00%
Sound Like Absolute Crap 15 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I must be doing something wrong - BT Quality

are you using an updated radio?

mine works great though, I have had the best luck with a plantronics 510 headset - it works on the other side of my house through walls even. I have a couple 3xx series plantronics headsets and get very minor cutting out when it is in my pocket and they won't work outside a room, but that has always kinda been the case with those even with other handsets..... It has been working very well since the original BT fix released by HTC in one of their early 2.xx rom updates (although it was still usable before then even and still never had a problem with range - just kinda so-so sound quality for the person I was talking to).

As for the poster above me with the complaints on birds chirping 30 feet away that is definitely a problem with the headset not the phone. Different headsets react differently to background noise, it is not the handset's job to filter background noise. In response to his question the radio rom certainly has an effect on the BT but there is also a BT stack built into the OS rom itself..... Range problems would probably be attributed to the radio (although I am not aware of any specific radio having BT range problems), while audio quality problems would probably be attributed to the BT stack built into the OS.

Last edited by holo; 07-26-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

datapusher is a n00b

to the person who upgraded their z9, unfortunately the z9i does not have any updates available.

I am curious if there are any registry tweaks to fix this problem. Or at least boost the power of the radio.

Wish there was a phone comperable to the 6800 on sprint. everything else seems like a step down. Love the phone... hate the BT issues.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro
Carrier: Cricket

reddhanky is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to reddhanky

I sometimes have the same problem. Try pairing your headset with the phone from about 10' away or where it will be most of the time (i.e., set phone to pairing mode and quickly put in pocket and remove a minute later and complete the pairing process). This greatly improved my connections.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:11 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
I have had the best luck with a plantronics 510 headset - it works on the other side of my house through walls even. I have a couple 3xx series plantronics headsets and get very minor cutting out when it is in my pocket and they won't work outside a room, but that has always kinda been the case with those even with other handsets..... It has been working very well since the original BT fix released by HTC in one of their early 2.xx rom updates (although it was still usable before then even and still never had a problem with range - just kinda so-so sound quality for the person I was talking to).
Ditto. too bad the 510 was poorly designed.. (mine broke, mic spun around the same direction too many times, and the wires broke.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
As for the poster above me with the complaints on birds chirping 30 feet away that is definitely a problem with the headset not the phone. Different headsets react differently to background noise, it is not the handset's job to filter background noise. In response to his question the radio rom certainly has an effect on the BT but there is also a BT stack built into the OS rom itself..... Range problems would probably be attributed to the radio (although I am not aware of any specific radio having BT range problems), while audio quality problems would probably be attributed to the BT stack built into the OS.
this seams like a good place/time to ask if anyone knows what the "microphone AGC" does? (agc=automatic gain control) I remember mscv saying it needs to be turned off, but I stopped using that app some time ago. I have not noticed any difference with it on or off, but does anybody KNOW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddhanky View Post
I sometimes have the same problem. Try pairing your headset with the phone from about 10' away or where it will be most of the time (i.e., set phone to pairing mode and quickly put in pocket and remove a minute later and complete the pairing process). This greatly improved my connections.
good idea, unfortunately this doesn't seem to help, for me atleast.

I can re-create bt cutting out with my s9 by cupping the bottom part of the phone in my hands and placing between my legs (legs closed), but "if" i can pair doing this, the problem is the same. (i said "if" because sometimes it won't even see the headset, so no device is found.)

I think the 510 had more power (to boost the incomming signal) also when I ripped mine apart after the mic broke, I noticed that the antenna in it went from the bottom (by the power jack) to the top (where the flexing area is)

maybe someone can come up with a good mod to give the mogul a better bluetooth antenna.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

WFTarHeel is a n00b

I've tried a bunch of headsets. With the Plantronics 510 I have great performance. With everything else it's OK to bad.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

My Moto 820 is excellent, with occassional connection issues, but that's nothing new with the Titan. I've also tried the H12, and sound was amazing.

Equipment: Imagio on 6.5. Working on a 6.5.3 build.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

After switching to the new rom I've had no complaints. I've been driving with the windows open and my gf thought I was sitting in my office. I guess loading the new stock rom fixed my problem.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Ferdball is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejqr5 View Post
After switching to the new rom I've had no complaints. I've been driving with the windows open and my gf thought I was sitting in my office. I guess loading the new stock rom fixed my problem.
Link please?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:49 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdball View Post
Link please?
Click on your phone and it will take you to it....

http://www.htc.com/us/support.aspx
Old 08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Lurker

reetrulez is a n00b

im using the motorola h700 and have had no problems using it with the 3.35 rom and the new 3.56. i have yet to hear any compaints

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan