PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bassballboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Mogul won't activesync

I've been trying to get my gf's mogul to activesync, but it won't. The problem probably lies with her computer. I updated to the newest activesync from M$, and I've tried it on my phone just to see if it was the phone (it's not).

It always gives the error "Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device."

Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Mogul won't activesync

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassballboy View Post
I've been trying to get my gf's mogul to activesync, but it won't. The problem probably lies with her computer. I updated to the newest activesync from M$, and I've tried it on my phone just to see if it was the phone (it's not).

It always gives the error "Unable to establish a connection between the PC and the device."

Any ideas?
AS is flaky as can be on Vista...the best way I found is to go into Device manager and delete the current mobile device and then it should pick up the device driver again...

also i am sure you have done this but make sure the settings are correct in WMDC....allow USB connections needs to be checked...

If all else fails hard reset the device....use pim back up so you do not lose data and save it all to the storage card....

hard reset always works for me....but the deletion has also worked for me in the past....
Old 07-19-2008, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bassballboy is a n00b

I'll try deletimg her device.. She has XP as well.

Also, we did a hard reset already, stil not connecting
Old 07-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Open active sync. Got to File>Connetion settings and make sure that Allow USB connections is checked. You may also try a different cable and a different port on the PC if you think it is an issue on the PC side.

Quote:
I've tried it on my phone just to see if it was the phone (it's not).
I just went back and read your post. I didn't catch this the first time. Does that mean it worked on yours but not hers?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 07-19-2008, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bassballboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Open active sync. Got to File>Connetion settings and make sure that Allow USB connections is checked. You may also try a different cable and a different port on the PC if you think it is an issue on the PC side.

I just went back and read your post. I didn't catch this the first time. Does that mean it worked on yours but not hers?
I'll try a different cable, that might be it. I say it isn't the phone because mine will sync on my laptop. Also, the USB box is checked
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bassballboy is a n00b

my cable didn't work either.. I'm stumped, also a different port
Old 07-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So yours works but hers doesn't, is that correct? Check her mini usb port on her phone and make sure there isn't any obvious damage inside the port.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1

to solve your problem, go to settiings, then either connectiions or system and select usb to pc and uncheck the box that says enable advanced network fuctionality & then try to sync.... that should work. lemme know...
Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Ditch Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusiv_1 View Post
to solve your problem, go to settiings, then either connectiions or system and select usb to pc and uncheck the box that says enable advanced network fuctionality & then try to sync.... that should work. lemme know...
Are those settings present in windows xp?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mr_Beefy84532 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
Are those settings present in windows xp?
No it's on the phone itself...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan