PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Yankeez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet not working

Updated my phone today, wifi is working fine, but the EVDO is not working at all in IE, or my AIM or google maps

in IE it just sits at locating for a while then a box just pops up and says This page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.

Any settings I can get edit?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Internet not working

I am very, very sorry if you've answered this before, but did you hard reset after flash and let the customizations run? Hate to keep asking everyone but it is VERY important that you do this.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Yankeez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc View Post
I am very, very sorry if you've answered this before, but did you hard reset after flash and let the customizations run? Hate to keep asking everyone but it is VERY important that you do this.
Yep ive hard reset is just holding the button on the side right? ive done that and also pressed the tiny button to with the stylus both like 5 times. no change
Old 03-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

no a hard reset is holding both softkeys down then pressing the soft reset button with the stylus...from there you will slide open your keyboad then press r once that is done press space bar to boot.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Or you can do Start > Settings > System > Clear Storage.

Let the customizations run and then try to connect to the internet. Once you can, you can hard reset and then soft reset before the customizations run if you want.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b

For whatever reason I actually had to do a second hard reset last night to get my internet working. I just mention because doing it a second time would have saved me 2 hours last night on hold with Sprint support. I finally gave up, did the second hard reset and all is working fine now.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

Element is a n00b

i called sprint support too,no help. after i hung up i noticed that the sprint stuff was not on the today screen, did a hard reset and customizations installed. internet worked.
not sure why the customizations didn't install with the rom upgrade, i didn't skip it, i just ran the rom update program and walked away, came back and it was done.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

jgzesh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jgzesh Send a message via MSN to jgzesh Send a message via Yahoo to jgzesh

I did the update at work yesterday. On my way home i noticed my internet wasn't working. I called *2 and talked to someone there. After hanging up my phone to talk to the tech guy on another phone it just magically started working. Didn't do a hard reset or anything. Some how making a call made my phone provision itself.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

goalkeepr is a n00b

I had the same problem. I flashed to the new ROM, then installed DCD's kitchen.

It turns out that my phone wouldn't provision itself after DCD was installed. To get it working again, I reflashed to the stock ROM and connected to the internet. Once the IOTA was finished, I then installed DCD and all was good.

I hope this helps someone.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You NEED to let the customizations run. I did not have success letting them run and then hardresetting and stopping them from running. You need to just let them run and go from there, because otherwise you wont get IOTA and your data cannot be provisioned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan