PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 01:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul

Raithan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone had these problems with the Mogul/Titan?

Had the Mogul for a couple of weeks now and come across some annoyances..

Firstly; the phone will sometimes just stop notifying me (as in vibrating, making a ringtone) when a message or phone call comes in and it won't start notifying me until I soft reset..

Secondly; Occasionally when I receive a message and it actually does notify me with a vibrate and ringtone, the vibration will continue. It won't stop until I power the phone off..

I just flashed to 2.17 from HTC's website and still having the problems...

I'm reading the flashing for dummies thread currently to find out more. Just wondering if others have had these problems and if so, how they fixed them? Other than these things, I love the phone!
Old 02-03-2008, 02:49 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Hmm you'll need some things:

1st, call *2 and ask for the "latest PRL update" then follow the said instructions in the call.

Next, get a Task Manager. This one is free, very clean & light:
http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Next up get a memory manager. BTW yes thats free too:
http://www.oxios.com/memory/

IMHO, Map Hibernate (aka the Snowflake) to a button, this'll make freeing up RAM that much faster.

"What the hell are these apps & what do they have to do with anything?"

You're problem 9/10 comes from other applications gradually eating program memory, which will slow down responses from other primary functions.
Not roaming on the latest PRL can cause those goofs too.

Hope that helps....
Old 02-03-2008, 03:08 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Hmm you'll need some things:

1st, call *2 and ask for the "latest PRL update" then follow the said instructions in the call.

Next, get a Task Manager. This one is free, very clean & light:
http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Next up get a memory manager. BTW yes thats free too:
http://www.oxios.com/memory/

IMHO, Map Hibernate (aka the Snowflake) to a button, this'll make freeing up RAM that much faster.

"What the hell are these apps & what do they have to do with anything?"

You're problem 9/10 comes from other applications gradually eating program memory, which will slow down responses from other primary functions.
Not roaming on the latest PRL can cause those goofs too.

Hope that helps....

Thats what I thought too, but when I look at my memory, it still shows around 20MB free.. and this occurs even if I haven't had any other programs except messaging running since my last soft reset. But I will definitely ask about the PRL thing.. out of curiosity, what does PRL stand for?

And I was planning on getting some task and memory managers once I figured out these problems, but now is as good as time as any since you were kind enough to give me links without me searching for one. Thanks!

Will try calling customer service.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:40 AM
VIP Droid

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Honestly I have no clue of PRL stands for but in simple terms, it allows the mogul to register to and from cell towers without locking up the device when roaming.
I believe it adds registered towers too if I'm not mistaken.

BTW when you flashed 2.17 following up with a 2nd Hard Reset is recommended.
This way you clear up leftovers from the previous ROM.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phazed is just getting started
PRL Stands for Preferred Roaming List... it is simply a List of Cell Towers and their respective SIDS (System ID's). When a carrier has new towers or has updated agreements with other companies the PRL needs to be upgraded to recognize that it is avaialble.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Honestly I have no clue of PRL stands for but in simple terms, it allows the mogul to register to and from cell towers without locking up the device when roaming.
I believe it adds registered towers too if I'm not mistaken.

BTW when you flashed 2.17 following up with a 2nd Hard Reset is recommended.
This way you clear up leftovers from the previous ROM.

Doh.. I didn't know that part. I guess I'll do that tomorrow and re-install all the stuff I've installed today. And will call sprint tomorrow too. they're closed right now, sissies.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody
It is always good to get the latest PRL for your device, but the functionality issues you describe don't appear to be related to the manner in which your cell phone communicates to towers, especially the vibration not automatically shutting off, coupled with the amount of memory you say the device still has. I suggest reading through the threads because the Mogule has a very poor track record base on what I have personally read in various forums. I flashed to the leaked 3.16 ROM for about two weeks and did notice a decrease in the number of usual bugs that I normally see with my device, however, I did notice that the leaked ROM had a very annoying bug which was the Backlight contiuously shutting down after about 5 seconds. So I flashed back to the stock 2.17. Hopefully the Officcial ROM update will fix these bugs. At leats thats what I am hoping for. But in short the Mogule is a very troubled device functionality wise.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
You can find the latest PRLs here.
http://www.corolada.com/prl/ ...and you want EvDO w/ Data Triangle:.
Its not hard to update manually Download the PRL(60611) and save it to your SD card.Then from your phone pad dial ##PRL# then enter your MSL#. You will see Update PRL. Hold on that and it will pop up a Edit window. Once your in there you can browse to your SD card and find your new PRL.Choose it and follow the directions from there.
P.S. Your problems have nothing to do with your PRL....I would just re flash a rom of your choice and you should be fine.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
VIP Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
It is always good to get the latest PRL for your device, but the functionality issues you describe don't appear to be related
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
P.S. Your problems have nothing to do with your PRL....I would just re flash a rom of your choice and you should be fine.
Normally it shouldn't but on 60610, my Mogul had those problems anytime I ventured to somewhere where the signal wasn't fantastic or when I was roaming.

The device did the following before I ran the PRL Update.

Fail to notify in sleep
Lock in Sleep
Wouldn't let me know of incoming calls unit way later (I even had the Slot Cycle & ACOLC(?) set)

His "Secondly..." problem however is more like a flashing goof, normally hard reseting after a fresh flash will remedy problems like that.
Never really had to re-flash to kill a problem but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Just remeber to follow up with the hard reset afterwards....
Old 02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b
So since I just flashed to 2.17 from 2.09 yesterday.. do you guys recommend I re-flash to 2.17 today, then do a second hard reset, or just do a hard reset now?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan