PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple question's for those Mogul owners.

Right now, I'm sitting with the choice of either the Sprint Mogul or AT&T Tilt. And I'm not sure what do because of the few questions I have. Maybe someone here who has gone through this could tell me what they think.

The amount of people complaining about the Mogul does scare me. I'm not going to lie. But I love the cost of the service sprint vs AT&T.

So my questions are:

1) The data network for both companies is supposed to be good. Which one is considered better and faster? No point in web browsing if it takes an hour to pull up a page. (currently switching for T-mobile, so you can understand my pain). I mean is there any differnece in speed and reliablility between the two?

2) If any of you guys bit the bullet and jump ship to the Tilt, or at least bought the phone and used it on whatever service. Is the phone worth the upgrade?

3) Does the Mogul support Sprint TV, and all those vision power features? I don't care about the music program, but the TV show program sounded pretty cool. I know at one point it had problems with support, but I couldnt find much information on it.

So if you were in my shoes, and you could get either phone with the service. What would you guys do now?

Thanks for anyone responding.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
Ima noob and havent complained about the Mogul because it would be laughable since I got it for free in an exchange for the 6700. The people who have the right to complain are the ones that shelled out anywhere between three to six hundred for the thing. But dude go with the Tilt, its a nice phone and id do it, because I would be able to get out of my contract sell my mogul and only pay around 100 bucks for the Tilt, but I get a 30 percent discount on my monthly bill from sprint and there 7pm nights are standard, and their insurance plan kicks ass. Basically if I go over to At&t Id be paying an extra 30 bucks a month plus the price of the tilt, and its more practical to stay with Sprint and the Mogul, anyways back to the topic, Id say your better off going with the Tilt, Id do it being in your position.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
Ima noob and havent complained about the Mogul because it would be laughable since I got it for free in an exchange for the 6700. The people who have the right to complain are the ones that shelled out anywhere between three to six hundred for the thing. But dude go with the Tilt, its a nice phone and id do it, because I would be able to get out of my contract sell my mogul and only pay around 100 bucks for the Tilt, but I get a 30 percent discount on my monthly bill from sprint and there 7pm nights are standard, and their insurance plan kicks ass. Basically if I go over to At&t Id be paying an extra 30 bucks a month plus the price of the tilt, and its more practical to stay with Sprint and the Mogul, anyways back to the topic, Id say your better off going with the Tilt, Id do it being in your position.
Honestly, I think you probably helped make my choice. I had no idea that the data plans for AT&T were that expensive. I had AT&T a year or two ago with a different phone and a data plan, and it was cheap. I guess they are using the iphone and Tilt to make some extra cash.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Kevtav is a n00b
Mogul + Sero Plan, thats all ima say.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Wow... That is a great deal. I didnt even see that. I'm getting a mogul for sure now, I cant afford AT&T's service.

Just wondering though, I want to get a contract mogul. They have good deals on ebay, and they are 99 bucks. Can I get sero with something like that, or am I SOL unless I buy the phone out right?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
As long as the phone says Sprint on it your fine, and you can get it insured which with the Mogul is something I strongly suggest you do its an extra 6 bucks a month but well worth it, Ive been given new PPC's at no charge countless times because sprint would rather strip them down and rebuild them at the warehouse then waste their time repairing them. So if you can get it for. And as far as the problems being reported about this phone, it basically depends on the person if you want play a game, listen to music, surf the internet, and be on a bluetooth call all at the same time, then this phone will crash on you(Most phones would lol) If u want a multimedia phone to play with you get the Touch, but If you want a more Business geared phone (Wifi, Hardware keyboard) Then this phones for you. Personally I love Wifi, and the upcoming GPS and Rev.A is ganna be a big upgrade for this phone. Hey if you can get it cheaper, go for it, cause truthfull right now this phone aint worth 300 bucks, again this is coming from someone who got it for free, so take it for what its worth.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
What's most important to you, service/price, call quality/pda functionality? Does AT&T have good coverage where you live?

If price is a big factor then you won't beat the SERO plan with Sprint. I would rather have a CDMA Tilt than sign on with AT&T.

The mogul would be a great phone if it had 128MB of RAM. If you can wait a month or two I'd see if they come out with one.

READ: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13308

I paid 300 for this phone, and at times I'm upset about it, but most of the time I think this thing is friggin awesome. It's a powerhouse in every aspect except the RAM, IMHO. I was tempted to swap for a touch after I messed with one at the store, but I couldn't live without the hardware keyboard.

I don't use the wifi much, but it's a big plus and I don't use the flash for pictures, but I like having it for a flashlight.

I'd say go down to a sprint store and mess with the mogul and the touch. If you get a touch that is set up with a number and has data access, try loading "Touchpal" keyboard. If you don't need the physical keyboard or wifi it is a very sleek phone with relatively few reported problems.

Good luck in your choice.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC-Mogul

DogGuy is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
Just wondering though, I want to get a contract mogul. They have good deals on ebay, and they are 99 bucks. Can I get sero with something like that, or am I SOL unless I buy the phone out right?
You must order a new phone from the SERO sales at the time you signup for new SERO service. Ebay phones are a no go. But just compare the outright cost of SERO to the massive savings over a 24 month period and the couple hundred extra out the door is taken care of very quickly. Also, make sure you search around for HTC/Sprint rebates, slickdeals and fatwallet are good for that.

As for the 6800, it probably doesn't mean as much coming from someone who creates a new ROM and base constantly, but since my last two iterations I've been beyond thrilled with it. Stable, great BT, fast, no memory issues and I am a very heavy user. This thing replaces a laptop 90% of the time, 3+ hours of talk per day, push email, web surfing, document writing, yadda yadda. .... Sure I'd *love* a Kaiser/Tilt, but AT&T is grossly overpriced, and has terrible service in my area. Not a chance I'd go to AT&T just to change phones.

My .02,
- DogGuy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan