PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 09:01 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint FAQ at BAW - Sprint admits problems

Some interesting notes:
- Sprint considering a beta test program
- Basically acknowledge that 2.17 doesn't fix BT and roaming completely
- Essentially say that Mogul should have had more memory

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...thread.id=2550

Last edited by willysp; 12-07-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:16 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
I'm sorry, but those Sprint folks must really be clueless when it comes to customer service, this one is a beauty:

"5) Are all Bluetooth Headsets compatible with the Mogul? No, Bluetooth headsets are not universally compatible with all handsets. Therefore, issues a user may encounter with a Bluetooth headset may not be attributable to the handset."

Ok... they just stated for the record that not all BT headsets will work with the Mogul. That's a big admission. Fine. So I'm a customer with a Mogul reading this... and my next obvious response is... "OK... SO WHERE IS THE LIST OF COMPATIBLE HEADSETS???"

<shakes head in disbelief>>
Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Some interesting notes:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/...thread.id=2550
Unfortunately, I think that this is a hoax.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Unfortunately, it's real. The username on the BAW forum is unique to a Sprint employee/department, the same ones who posted the information and release time frame on the 2.17 ROM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:31 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
"OK... SO WHERE IS THE LIST OF COMPATIBLE HEADSETS???"
LOL, TBA............................................... ................ in Q4 08.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:31 PM
A Geek For Eons
Threadstarter

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
It's real.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:42 PM
A Geek For Eons
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC1 View Post
I'm sorry, but those Sprint folks must really be clueless when it comes to customer service, this one is a beauty:

"5) Are all Bluetooth Headsets compatible with the Mogul? No, Bluetooth headsets are not universally compatible with all handsets. Therefore, issues a user may encounter with a Bluetooth headset may not be attributable to the handset."

Ok... they just stated for the record that not all BT headsets will work with the Mogul. That's a big admission. Fine. So I'm a customer with a Mogul reading this... and my next obvious response is... "OK... SO WHERE IS THE LIST OF COMPATIBLE HEADSETS???"

<shakes head in disbelief>>
Although it's good to see Sprint communicating with its customers, my sense around the message is 'damage control'.

They are saying (1) 2.17 doesn't really fix BT and roaming problems adequately, (2) our testing doesn't work so we may use you guys as beta testers, (3) we don't know which BT headsets work and why others don't work, (4) Mogul doesn't have enough memory for WM6, ....

It's nice to see apparently honest communication, but the content of the message disturbs me. I think they know the Mogul is a cluster***, but they don't know how to fix it.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started
Yeah...I think the more important question is what are they going to do about it? Duh bluetooth and roaming aren't completely fixed. Duh there's not nearly enough memory in the thing. So what? What are they going to do about it and when are they going to do it? It's too late for the phone. Even if they fix the software, there's still not enough memory and there never will be. There's no way this phone is worth 1/5th of that paid by people who were screwed for full price. What is Sprint going to do for those people they raped over a pda that sucks? They'd better do something. They'd better do it soon. And they'd better start choking up some answers even sooner. Getting out of the contract is cheap compared to the full price of the Mogul. Just goes to show that you can't polish a turd.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 PM
A Geek For Eons
Threadstarter

Any GPS experts out there that can translate "Advanced User Plane and Autonomous GPS functionality will be added in the next ROM upgrade" into English for me? Does autonomous GPS mean real GPS, not aGPS? A quick Google search leads me to think so.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:19 AM
N00b

vero is a n00b
oh boy, i start to feel that Mogul is non-fixable at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Some interesting notes: