PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Sharing over WiFi - Now with one click solution

UPDATE 11/02/2007:

xda-developer user Chainfire has released WMWifiRouter v0.2. An app that automates the Internet Sharing over WiFi process to a one click application!

Info here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341398

For Mogul Users, make sure to read the sections titled:

Note for users of WMWifiRouter with a hardware WiFi switch (HTC Mogul):

And

Sprint HTC Mogul/SERO Notes

before installing/running Chainfire's application.

-----------

Alrighty, I said a while ago on another forum that I would write a tutorial once I get Internet Sharing over WiFi semi-reliably working on the Mogul. Well I did, and wrote it out here:

It's too huge to cross post, you can read about it here:

Internet Sharing over WiFi - with 10min Timeout Workaround(Nov-1-2007)

Edit: I just realized the possibly misleading topic title, this method does NOT require you to connect anything to your USB ports.

Summary:

Windows Mobile 5 AKU3 included an "Internet Sharing" application that pretty much does what PDANet can do, but for free. But to properly use it required you to connect to Internet Manually before using the application. The tutorial above includes a fix/reg hack to take away this limitation (fix found on these forums). But the main purpose of the tutorial is to explain how to use a hacked version of this app to share your Internet connection via an Ad Hoc network using the WiFi connection on your device.

PDANet, USBModem, and Internet sharing only allow you to share via USB or Bluetooth. This hacked version lets you share the connection via WiFi, which is useful if you want to share your Internet Connection with a device that doesn't support Bluetooth PAN, or USB Host connectivity, but does support Ad Hoc WiFi networks such as a Sony PSP or iPod Touch.

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-02-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
what a write up. man you rock

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Bump for update.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I've been following this at XDA and I have to say thanks to you, Fluxist, and Chainfire. This has been at the top of my wish list forever. Great job guys.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
New WMWifiRouter 0.4 Released

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1630704
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Lurker

Rose Gold is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Rose Gold
can we connect lets say our xbox 360 to our pda and tether the internet connection with this?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Excellent software it is indeed! Have two of my home PC's connected through WIFI as I type My Mogul just earned new brownie points!

Chainfire and Talyn, you guys both ROCK!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Gold View Post
can we connect lets say our xbox 360 to our pda and tether the internet connection with this?
If your XBox 360 can connect to an Ad Hoc WiFi network than yes. Or if you have a WiFi access point that your Titan can connect to, that might also work. Otherwise you would have use an alternate method to first connect to a computer (such as a laptop) and use ICS on the computer (supported by XP/Vista) to share your shared connection via a cross over ethernet cable. Or a regular ethernet cable connected via a switch or router. I'm currently writing a tutorial that explains how to do that with an alternate application right now. Hopefully I'll be done tonight...

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-05-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Okay guys!!! Chainfire has once again upgraded the WMWiFiRouter program, and its getting better each time! He is currently up to version .7(3), and needs the help of willing Mogul users! The newest version of the program *SHOULD* allow you to power your device off (standby mode) while maintaining the wifi and EV-DO connection. He has had success with the TyTn and TyTn II, but so far limited on the Mogul. Considering this is a MUST HAVE app for so many, I am hoping that you guys can come forward and test the new app also and give results he can use to troubleshoot! Please help out guys!

This is the page the new app is posted on at XDA...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...341398&page=24

This is the site where the download is available from!
http://www.jongma.org/WMWifiRouter/

There are a couple of *test revisions* of the app in the posts following his release post so be sure to read them all thoroughly to understand the issue at hand

Thanks for your time!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wow, nobody wants to help test this thing? I swore there was a bunch of people looking for an application that does just this... come on guys, we need more testers with Mogul's to finish sorting out the design.

Last edited by Krayziepop; 12-04-2007 at 06:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan