View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
TalynOne
PPCGeeks Regular

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Sharing over WiFi - Now with one click solution

UPDATE 11/02/2007:

xda-developer user Chainfire has released WMWifiRouter v0.2. An app that automates the Internet Sharing over WiFi process to a one click application!

Info here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341398

For Mogul Users, make sure to read the sections titled:

Note for users of WMWifiRouter with a hardware WiFi switch (HTC Mogul):

And

Sprint HTC Mogul/SERO Notes

before installing/running Chainfire's application.

-----------

Alrighty, I said a while ago on another forum that I would write a tutorial once I get Internet Sharing over WiFi semi-reliably working on the Mogul. Well I did, and wrote it out here:

It's too huge to cross post, you can read about it here:

Internet Sharing over WiFi - with 10min Timeout Workaround(Nov-1-2007)

Edit: I just realized the possibly misleading topic title, this method does NOT require you to connect anything to your USB ports.

Summary:

Windows Mobile 5 AKU3 included an "Internet Sharing" application that pretty much does what PDANet can do, but for free. But to properly use it required you to connect to Internet Manually before using the application. The tutorial above includes a fix/reg hack to take away this limitation (fix found on these forums). But the main purpose of the tutorial is to explain how to use a hacked version of this app to share your Internet connection via an Ad Hoc network using the WiFi connection on your device.

PDANet, USBModem, and Internet sharing only allow you to share via USB or Bluetooth. This hacked version lets you share the connection via WiFi, which is useful if you want to share your Internet Connection with a device that doesn't support Bluetooth PAN, or USB Host connectivity, but does support Ad Hoc WiFi networks such as a Sony PSP or iPod Touch.

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-02-2007 at 04:06 PM.